Our church service was wonderful. The orchestra did well and Jeff gave a good sermon. The pews were full of people! Praise the Lord!
All of us took a nap when we got home at different times while watching Tiger baseball. Meanwhile the ham was heating up in the oven and when we were all up, enjoyed a nice meal together. I am thankful to be healthy this year and enjoyed preparing parts of the meal. It's fun to work together, isn't it?
Mary had to return to Ann Arbor while Sarah stayed over Sunday night since she had a job interview on Monday. She felt that it went well and sounds like she is staying with Mary tonight. I am so happy that my kids all love each other, miss each and like doing things together! We skyped with Matthew on Easter evening and chatted for 30 minutes or so. It is so nice to be able to talk to him and see him too! We all miss him very much.
In other news:
- Mary's last Glee Club Concert went very well. Sarah met us at Hill Auditorium and we all had a nice dinner at Red Lobster.
- The weather continues to be crazy here. One day we will have sunny mild temps, then a serious hail storm and another day with 2" of snow. The last two days have been more seasonable, in the 70's only to have another cold front go through today.
- We had a very nice 29th Anniversary one week before Easter. We had a nice dinner together at On the Border. We love ther fajitas. Then we went to see "Monuments Men" It was a very interesting and well done film. I had no idea that there were army persons searching for art stolen by Hitler.
- Jeff and I finally retired our "dumb" phones for some smart ones, only I don't feel very smart. There is just so much to learn. I do like my phone very much and have had fun learning how to use it. The girls had some fun laughs too watching their mom struggle at times with her new phone. They even took a silly picture while I wasn't looking and set it up on my phone. These are times and things I will always remember with smiles and love.
- Mary tried to get tickets for The Price is Right while we are in LA next month, but the last day of taping in May 5th. Then they take a two month break. I'm sad. I have been wanting to be on that show for a long time!
- Work is going well. I am much more confident. Luckily I got off work early today and made it to Myeloma support group at Gilda's House. I always look forward to our monthly meetings. I picked up an extra shift this week and then will attend the LCMS Michigan District Pastors' wives conference (aka Katie Conference). I am looking forward to a nice weekend with some good friends.
- Graduation is right around the corner. Both girls have worked very hard and are both ready to get out in the "real world" and begin their careers. I am so excited for them and we look forward to having family here for the festivities.
I have posted lots of pictures on our online photo album. Check them out.
Lots of Love,