Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Grand Dansk and More!

Well, Danish Festival weekend has come and gone and there might be a light at the end of the repair marathon!  The carpets are being cleaned, which added to my working and moving of things most of the morning.  According to the professionals the carpet should be dry in 4-5 hours.  For the Wilhelm's though, it will be 4-5 days! Hahaha. I am the only one allowed to laugh about this, since I am the one enduring all the craziness!

DANISH FESTIVAL was a lot of fun.  Friday Mary, Brandon, Vicky and I went to walk around downtown. We enjoyed abelskievers (Pancake balls) together and then looked at all the crafts for sale. Before heading back home, I bought a large chocolate chip kringle to share with the Cory's.  It was delicious! Matthew was at work, so after picking him up we went shopping and then back downtown for the Fairy Tale Parade and dinner.  I really wanted a chicken pita, but didn't have cash.  The only place that took my check was pizza hut. It was good and hot too. Mary and Matthew went to watch the stretcher races and I listened to the Danish Band concert. They did a nice job. Mary met me at the stage for the Flat River Big Band Concert. It was amazing as always. Mr Ayres can sure make that trumpet scream!  Wish Dan could hear him play. Got home pretty late, played some band hero and went to bed.

Saturday's GRAND DANSK parade was a bit of a disappointment.  First of all, Jeff wasn't here to march in the band and Sarah wasn't here to take her awesome pictures.   We did have a good crowd from church to watch. We even had a bit of a parking issue.  It got cleared up and we were all in place for the parade.  Much to dismay, when the  carriage with the 2009 Queen's court went by, no one representing Miss Danish was in attendance.  Young Miss and Junior Miss were there waving happily.  Now it is my understanding that if Miss Danish cannot fulfill her duties, then 1st runner up would ride in the carriage, and if she couldn't, then 2nd runner up, Mary, would.  Neither happened.  1st runner up was dancing on another float and Miss Danish won Miss Stanton 2010 and was on their float.  So even after Mary offered to ride for Miss Danish, she was turned down.  That wasn't a good feeling at all. She did enjoy sitting at the parade with Brandon and his family and then having lunch together. As much as I DON'T like clowns, I really missed the clown band this year.  They are so good, and funny as long as they keep their distance from me.  Later in the afternoon, Matthew went to work at the high school auditorium to work crew for the evening concert, Centerville, and country rock group.  Mary and I went to the concert and it was very good. They played "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" at the very end and it was so awesome!  The lead violinist can really play that fiddle.

Sunday was kind of a lazy catch up on sleeping day.  We watched some TV, played Band Hero and Matthew and I went shopping for food.  Mary had lunch with her favorite english teacher before napping for a few hours.  It was a nice day.

Monday was  CARPET DAY.  I took pictures of our hardwood floor so we know how it looks underneath, but the carpet looks so nice too.  Henry helped me move the furniture back in my room and I even slept there last night! It was so wonderful to have my own bed back. I still have lots of stuff to put back in place, and I am going to go through it slowly in case I can throw some of it away.  Brandon came over Monday night and grilled some rib eye steaks and did a great job.  They were delicious.  I made salad, mashed potatoes and brownies! I attended the post-season SOFTBALLcoaches meeting and for the most part had a productive agenda.  The silly 1 +1 rule will stay for another year! I don't like starting with one ball and one strike before I even see one pitch! Boo!

Today we worked most of the morning and early afternoon cleaning out the downstairs so the CARPETS could get CLEANED. There is stuff everywhere! The kitchen in packed full, 3 season room is full, the front entrance room is full and so is Jeff's office! The carpets are clean and look nice, drying pretty good.  The steps are the most wet.  Poor Sammy has to stay in the kitchen.  He has been a good trooper.  I hope he doesn't get mad tonight and chew something up.  He likes to sleep in the den or living room.

Tomorrow we will start putting things back should the carpet be all dry. I WORK at Hailey's tomorrow for 4 hours. It will be nice to see her again. She has been in the hospital the past few days. She had her trach out and needed to be observed to make sure she will be fine without it.  So far  so good!  Hurray!

Guess that catches everyone up for now..have a good day! Lots more picture posted on the Photo Album, take some time to look~

Gracie

No comments: