Saturday, August 24, 2013

Wicked

Things have been going pretty well this week. Mary and I have enjoyed water aerobics together, had some fun and success at shopping, and got a lot accomplished on our "to do" lists. 

But the highlight of our week was Thursday, when Jeff, Mary and I traveled to Toledo, met up with Sarah and had dinner at the Outback and then saw the play Wicked.  We have wanted to see it for years now and had a lot of fun seeing it together. Learn all about it by clicking on the link above.  Sarah was our critic, having read the book. She enjoyed the show but was able to tell us how the book version was different.  Both girls love all the songs and sing along the soundtrack while driving their cars. I love the theatre and thought about my techie at University of Oklahoma, learning how to bring stories to live on stage! That's awesome.

We spent the night in Toledo and ended up visiting Sarah again today at her high school between practices.  It is so nice to see her in her element, knowing how much she loves her job and how much the school and students love her.  

Jeff grilled some delicious burgers on the grill after some water exercise at the Club here at home.  I experimented with my KRAVE cereal and made cereal bars. Still going to add some chocolate on the top I think.

Mary has been reading up a storm. 2 books in two days! She needs to write a report for a class and has several to choose from, so she is reading all of them so she can decide which one to write about. I have been corresponding with fellow myeloma patients who have had a mystery rash as well.  I made a website for our Sunday School. I think it's pretty awesome! Click on the lind to check it out!
I have one more week with Mary before we move her back to Ann Arbor.  Hope it doesn't go too fast.  

That's all for now. 


No comments: