Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Wonderful Day

I had a wonderful day.  It has been one year since my stem cell transplant at Karmanos. In celebration, many friends came to my open house this afternoon. It couldn't have been more fun.   I am just so happy tonight.  Well, it would have been better if Matthew and other family could be here.  Matthew then Dave and Leslie skyped with us.  Our house was full of happiness.   Here are some specifics.
  • We had potstickers and rice, little smokies, chips, cake and cupcakes.
  • Lots of friends had fun together.  Many of my favorite young people came too.
  • Although I said no gifts,  I did receive some nice things.  
  • Everyone got a little party favor that  my friend and I made last week.  
Sarah took some great pictures that are posted on Facebook and will be on shutterfly very soon.  Both girls were so very helpful with the cooking and hosting.  I am so blessed.

I am officially done with orientation and had a couple busy but acceptable days.  I work on Monday then off until next week Thursday.  I think working one day a week is plenty.

Matthew was named to Dean's List of the Weitzenhoffer College of Fine Arts for his academic and artistic achievements. I am a proud mama.  Mary has her lesson plans for Lord of the Flies ready.  Sarah loves caring for her basketball teams and will get her wisdom teeth out in a few weeks. I am planning to be in Toledo with her for several days.

Check our famly photo album and my caringbridge.  Click here to see a video.


No comments: