Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Everyone! We had a very nice Christmas Eve, last minute shopping, wrapping gifts and even visiting a little princess!  Church was very nice. The orchestra did a fine job playing along with the hymns. Jeff gave a good sermon and the candles are always the pinnacle of the service.  I even sang Silent Night a little bit.  Usually my emotions get carried away and wonderful memories come flowing back.  I miss my dad. So thankful the Jesus loves us so much that he died and rose again, so we call live forever with Him! I know my dad is there and that makes me happy.

Our traditional Christmas Eve meal of Hot Dogs and Cheese Balls was eaten after church and then Mary and Brandon went to midnight service and the rest of us played a family game.  I even won this time! The time kept ticking and soon, one by one, our family is falling asleep.  Much needed rest.  It will be my turn in just a few minutes.  Tomorrow we will have church, eat, open presents and pack before heading south for a family wedding. Life is so busy!

My new job is great, but leaves me exhausted by the time I get  home.  My decision to work at the hospital again was a good one, and I am feeling more assimilated with each day.  The girls finished up another semester of classes with all A's and one B. So proud of  them!  Glad to have them home too. I miss them so much when they are away at school. Our Sunday School Christmas Program was terrific!  Everyone did a wonderful job.

With all the busyness at this time of the year, it is easy to forget the reason of the season!  When those times of being overwhelmed stress you out, take time to talk to God.  Without Him we are lost. Celebrate Jesus birth and let Him help you plug along at your list of things to do..I will get Christmas Cards out, but you might not get them until the New Year!  The wishes will be just as heartfelt!  Check out all the new pictures on the Family Photo Album.

Here's to a blessed 2012~

Gracie

No comments: