Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January is Almost Over

Wow...it's only been two weeks, but it seems like a lot longer.  I'll catch you up before February arrives.

If you would like to see or play in the snow.  Greenville has plenty.  We  had  7 inches at the end of last week and at least another inch or two this weekend.  There has been so many closures (since before Christmas) and the temperatures are rarely over freezing. many closings are due to the bitterly cold temps rather than snow.  It was 1 degree this evening according to my car's thermometer at 6:30 pm.


Jeff has been sick for the last week or so.  He is taking antibiotics for sinusitis. I followed suit and began antibiotic for chronic sinusitis, only to have them fail and now am on several new medicines.  You can read all about it on my caringbridge.  

Church work has been busy.  There was a vision planning workshop last weekend with 30 in attendance.  I have suspended regular Sunday School for elementary aged kids and beefed up our Children's Church.  It begins on Sunday.   I still have fun bible games and activities for kids during bible hour.  Jeff has been preaching some really good sermons lately.   My memory isn't always too good, so I have been taking notes for the last few months, it sure helps.  I am still on orientation at the hospital.  Slowly I am getting better, but keeping up with the pace is a challenge in my new department.

Sarah loves being at her high school and caring for the athletes.  She has been missing the kids due to all snow days.  Lots of time has been spent working on her thesis as she looks toward graduation. There have been some frustrations especially since there have been changes at the University of Toledo.

Mary has been student teaching since the beginning of the semester.  I guess all is going well.  She has a nice little website for her classes.  Mary's Class.  She is going to be a great teacher!  Her "new" car is working well.  Since it is making it through the snow, I think it should be fine in the LA warmth!

Haven't heard too much from Matthew, but that is usually good news.  Judging from his class schedule, he will be very busy throughout each week. Tonight we watched the Sooners beat the OSU Cowboys at basketball.  Jeff did get a response when he texted boomer and got a sooner right back!  Matthew is ok!  :)

With February fast approaching we look forward to:
  1. Matthew's 20th birthday
  2. Janelle's birthday and Dan and Janelle's Anniversary
  3. Check up with my oncologist.
  4. Follow-Up Vision Planning at our church.
  5. A Pastor's Conference early in the month along with a CPR class for me!
  6. My Stem Cell Transplant Birthday.  My bone marrow turns '1'! Some call it a re-bday. I am having a celebration!  Come and join us in person (preferrred) or by skyping (gracie.wilhelm)
A Celebration!
~Grace is One Year Post Stem Cell Transplant~
(Her One Year re-Birthday J)
When?  Saturday, February 22, 2014
Where? 319 W. Cass Street, Greenville MI
(at the corner of Cass St and Irving, one block north of M-57)
Time?  Open House from 2 pm to 5 pm.
No Gifts!  Just your presence and smiles!
Call Grace at 616-894-0139 with questions or for easy directions.
Skyping during the party is welcomed!

No comments: