Monday, June 9, 2014

Another Birthday in the Books


I had a very nice birthday.  First off, after several days of not feeling too well, I woke up without the vice on my head and the phone rang. The clinical coordinator at work gave me the first four hours of work off.  That gave me some extra time for rest, which did me a lot of good.  My blessings continued later that day when I was given the last four hours of my shift off as well.  Thank you!  In addition the weather was nice and I got a lot of fun things on my to do list done.   

Jeff took me to dinner at Red Robin followed be going to see "God's Not Dead". It was very good that confirmed my need to share my story with the writing of a book and increase a caring ministry in our community, hopefully through a support group at our church.  Since it was national donut day, we went to Krispy Kreme for our free donut.  I got two extra, one for my birthday and one with the coupon I had for joining the Donut club.  

Doing a lot of walking this week,  Easter Seals at the Zoo (Wed),  Relay for Life at the high school (Fri), and Alpha Family Center's Life Walk in Greenville (Sat).  There is a Ca Survivor party open house on Wednesday, SCT patient support group on Tuesday and lunches with buddies on Mon and Tuesday.  Thursday is work. Monday and Friday are doctors' appontments. 

Heard from all three kiddos on my birthday. Mary called early and is doing well. Got sunburned at field day at her new school.  They invited her to attend and they even had a catered lunch for all the teachers.  She is excited.  Evidently she and Brandon went to a comedy club and met a"star" from the SURVIVOR show. Yay!

Matthew called me just before our dinner and he is happy with his job and life in Kansas this summer.  That makes me happy too.  We have tickets to go to OK in October to see a show at OU and of course have a little time with Matman. :) 

Sarah has more questions to answer this weekend for the potential job in Jackson MI.  These are the 4th set of questions she had.  These are all, What would you do if... kind of questions.  We are all hoping that she will land the right job soon.  We are moving her out of her apartment June 29th- ??. More importantly it's where will be moving her.  Home?? To a nice new safe apartment?? Only time will tell.  She has been so happy working at her high school.  At the awards night, everyone stood and gave her a standing ovation. She received multiple gift cards, letters and notes, a memory photo album and even an honorary varsity letter.  She was overwhelmed with joy!

Look for updates during the week.  Thanks for everyone's birthday wishes. <3
 



No comments: