Friday, June 6, 2014

Fun in Los Angeles!

Our time in Los Angeles was simply marvelous.  We were happy to help Mary and Brandon set up the apartment, shop with them, dine out with them, and see and do lots of sightseeing.  I can't wait to return and hope that I can see the Price is Right and maybe a whale too!

Sunday 5-25    
  • Jeff and I checked out of our hotel, now that the apartment is ready for visitors.
  • Jeff moved the truck which left me driving Mary's car in LA. I survived, but of course I didn't need to go on the freeways.
  • Went to Westwood, saw UCLA Law School and the campus.  Ate at a yummy and affordable burger place, In and Out. 
  • Went to a LA mall where the halls are outdoors, like a terrace. Can say I went to Bloomingdales. 
  • Went to the LA Dodgers Baseball game. The traffice was crazy, the weather was hot but we had a good time!  I love baseball!
  • Finished with dinner at "The Humble Potato" an cool place with American food and a Japanses twist.  I had a Curry Dog.  It was delicious!

Tuesday 5-27
  • Housekeeping and lunch.
  • Back to Westwood to clean up Brandon's campus apartment followed by a delicious meal at Kushi's, specializing in Korean and Japanese food.  
  • Got on a bus for the Billy Joel concert at the Hollywood Bowl!  It was an awesome concert.  He is a great entertainer.  So glad we went.   However, the ride home was certainly memorable. When we arrived at our bus, it was broken. We waited 45 mintues for a new one, while watching eveyone else leave on time.  Needless to say there were several unhappy customers.  We got back to our car late, so I said, "let's go to Randy's  (24 hour) Donuts!  When we arrived, they only had 3 kinds of donuts.  We decided to all get the same two and perform a taste test.  We all picked the same winner!
Wednesday 5-28

  • We really enjoyed trying the local (non-chain) restaurants around Mary's apartment, which is just across from LAX.   Today's lunch was BBQ.  It was very good and reasonable for the amount of food.
  • Walked off all those calories in Hollywood, walkin the  Stars and Hand Prints in cement.
  • Back in the car,  we drove up to Mary's school, James Jordan Middle School. It reminds me a lot of my middle school, St Marks in Hollywood, FL.
  • Last stop was Santa Monica Beach.  I was sure to get sand in my shoes to make sure that I will be returning. After all, we were leaving in the morning.
Thursday 5-29
  • A quick ride to the airport from Mary, stood in a slow line to check our bags, and then a quick trip through security.   
  • The plane was packed and there was quite a bit of coughing and sneezing.  I was wearing my personal air purifier, but decided on wearing a mask as well.  
  • Had a nice lunch at the STL airport before boarding our slightly delayed flight to GRR. I missed Mary a lot, but was happy she has her best friend out there with her, we didn't leave her out there alone.  I was also glad to sleep in my own bed.
It was a really fun time.  Why not take a trip out to LA and vist Mary and Brandon.  They will show you the sights.

No comments: