Saturday, July 9, 2011

Happy Weekend!

Hope all of you are doing well and enjoying your weekend!  I should have gotten a lot more done by now, but I have been fighting off a headache today.  Already taken ibuprofen and acetominophen. I don't know what to do next.  Think I will try to ignore it.

Matthew, Jeff and I went to see a Toyota Highlander on Thursday and it rode pretty nice.  There were lots of scratches on it and a stain on the inside.  I think we have decided to wait on trading in and getting a new vehicle for right now.

I didn't work on Friday, as my patient was on vacation.  Got some organizing done and then went to MCLC's Christian Ed meeting to discuss the direction of our Sunday School.  After lots of thought and consideration, I have taken back the role of Sunday School Superintendent. I am excited about the new possibilities.  Unfortunately, our attendance numbers are down, so my job will be leading a program that will not only retain our students, but to attract some of those who haven't been to Sunday School in the past weeks or months.  Please pray not only for us, but for all churches, since I hear many churches are experiencing a drop in Bible Study/Sunday School.

I woke up pretty at 0333 and couldn't go back to sleep.  Headed downstairs to watch some TV and then finally was tired enough to go back to bed by 0600, then slept till about 0930.  Jeff and I worked together to get our schedules and calendar on "the same page" and then I tried to get more laundry done. That takes more time than I planned.  Matthew and I have been watching Harry Potter the past few days.  The last Harry Potter movie comes out on July 14th.  I know Matthew is seeing it with friends and I am sure Sarah is anxious to see it too.

Tonight, we had thought about going to the Whitecaps Game, as it is Star Wars night with fireworks.  There were very few tickets left, so we will go another day. Sarah was thinking of  going with friends so I hope she has a great day at the game! Jeff Matthew and I are going to the rodeo instead at the Montcalm County Fair instead.  I had fun the last time we went. The fairground are new this year, so it will be nice to see how everything looks.

Mary is having a great time in Florida with her best friend.  Today was beach day and she sent me a picture. They still have a few more days before they head back to Michigan.

That's all for now.  Going to fold some laundry now...

Gracie

No comments: