Saturday, July 16, 2011

Where Do I Begin?

It has been a while since my last entry and I am having a hard time remembering everything that happened.

TUESDAY
  • Met Sarah at the Orthopedic office.  The doctor was very nice and he found nothing with her bones and nerves that would be the cause of her pains.  In the end, we wish he had paid more attention to her knee, since that is what seems to bother her the most. Medicine just isn't what it used to be or should be. No Obamacare for me though, it would be so much worse! On a side note, Jeff's ankle and scrape are healing well.
  • Mary is home from her Florida trip with Brandon. They had a great time and she came home with some new dresses, a watch and a hat!  Loved the pictures she showed us too.
  • Received word that or niece, Lori, is engaged!  Congratulations!  
  • Had a nice dinner with some of our church leaders.  But had to hurry off to another meeting about The Senior Mystery Trip for GHS Class of  2012.  Came away without volunteering to be an officer.  I have created and will maintain our Facebook Page and will be host for the meetings, held at Mount Calvary.  The meeting ended soon enough for me to head back to the church "party" and enjoy a pontoon ride on Baldwin Lake.  It was wonderful and enjoyed God's artwork in a beautiful sunset!
WEDNESDAY
  • Had a productive day at work and enjoyed a home cooked meal made by Mary.  She made Grilled Chicken Alfredo, made from scratch breadsticks, and  broccoli. 
  • Worked on the Senior Mystery Trip website, fell asleep on the couch and then cleaned up after the chef.  That's our deal. If I cook, Mary cleans up and if She cooks, I clean up.  Did some laundry too, since Mary needed her uniform to be clean for work.
THURSDAY
  • Got up early to take Mary to work.  We are down to two cars right now, since Sarah took the Camry back to Holland until her car is fixed.  Then got up an hour later to take Matthew to an all day birthday party.  A Harry Potter marathon! I should mention that he reread the whole last book earlier in the week to prepare to watch the last Harry Potter movie.  So at the party they watched all the Harry Potter movies in order, then went to the movie theater for the midnight (first) showing of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2".   You know what that means?  I got up at 2 am to pick him up from  the party too.  In reality, I don't mind. It is a fun time to talk with your kids. Get to hear all the stories while they are fresh in the minds.  
  • Watched two great episodes of Matlock and then watched the Memory Service for Betty Ford, here in Grand Rapids. It was very nice. It was a big deal here, thought FOX might cover some of the events, but I was wrong. Oh well.
  • Got my Sunday School curriculum for the Fall ordered.  Very excited about Groups BUZZ!   Nice connection with Greenville's Yellow Jackets.  Have a great vision...hope I can help make it happen! 
  • I also got serious about VBS and did some reading of the manual and planning in my head.  Time is ticking away, and soon it will be here!  Again so good ideas, hope I can make it happen.  Our Big Boy Fundraiser is a go!  Bring the flyer to Big Boy anytime on July 24th and VBS will bet 10% of the bill donated by Big Boy. We will also get some funds from Thrivent.
  • Jeff and I went to Praise Team and had a good rehearsal.  Some of the upbeats can be tricky, but we are getting a little better each week. 
  • Mary made me some delicious Triple Chocolate Chunk Brownies for my Baptism Birthday. Yum!  
FRIDAY
  • A great day at work, but very tired.  Gee after getting up at 0200 to pick up Matthew and not falling back asleep until 0530, then gettting up at 0800 for work. Of course I was tired!
  • Pizza night at our favorite place, Mancinos.  Watched the Tigers lose. More brownies and discussion about VBS set. Matthew is going to build it!
SATURDAY
  • Matthew and I walked downtown early, before 0800. He is going to be a scorekeeper for an outdoor basketball event.  The senior mystery trip will receive money for our volunteering.  Students need to work events to earn their trip, or pay a set amount of money to go.  It has been a very hot day, so I am sure that he will be very tired when he gets home.
  • I have been working on my blog on and off all day, and want to work on banking and laundry before Jeff and I go to a musical event at a local church. Need to go grocery shopping too. I guess that can wait until tomorrow.
Supposed to be HOT for the next week.  Hope we get a little rain with it, our plants are looking pretty peaked.  Wonder if we will get our softball game in this week?  I guess there is storms in the forecast.

Working on vacations plans and might go shopping for a new bike and some VBS supplies.

That is all for now...

Gracie

No comments: