Monday, August 22, 2011

No Pandamonium at Pandamania!

VBS  started at our church today and I pretty much expected pandamonium.   However, Day 1, went very smoothly and the kids had lots of fun.  Now that everything is in place, each day should go well.  For me, my job isn't organizing, but troubleshooting problems and needs of my leaders.

Yesterday's planning and decorating was rigorous. Four hours later, we went home, ready for a week of VBS.  Matthew's set turned out really nice, even after he had to make some changes so we could watch the videos.  Great job Matt.  It was nice that my brother Dave and sister Leslie, made an overnight stay last night.  They were a big help to us and we had a fun evening together, including a trip to Dairy Queen!  I only wish they could have stayed a little longer.  They headed off to Chicago and will go to a Cubs game tonight!  Fun!

Tonight we may go see a Whitecaps game, see a movie or stay home and have game night.  All of those sound fun to me!

Follow up story to our vacation.  We believe we brought our snacking friend home with us from the plains.  Finding evidence of a little squeaky creature in our RAV4.  This little critter but run for the hills, because we are coming after him!

Enjoying our beautiful weather!

Gracie

No comments: