Sunday, March 4, 2012

Back to U of M, Bowling and the Week Ahead

Spring Break is over and Mary and Brandon are on their way back to Ann Arbor.  We had some really fun times.  It is always nice to have your kids home from college.  I will be going to Ann Arbor in a few weeks for Brandon's UMMGC concert.  Time will go by quickly.

The Cory's and our family went to see "Act of Valor" last night. It was an action packed movie about the navy seals.  The movie was well done and sure left me with so much gratitude of our military who fight to keep us safe.  There is so much we don't know about or realize what sacrifices they make. It certainly left me thinking and thankful. 

Tonight I hope to bowl over average.  Our team isn't fairing to well this season.  It sure is amazing that we were in the top 3 for the fall season and in the bottom 3 in the spring season.

Sarah continues to have a sick stomach.  She says it is not a muscular pain, but kind of under the ribs.  The tests that she has had have all been within normal limits.  Negative rapid strep, mono (x3) and flu tests. Guess they took other blood tests at her last doc visit on Thursday morning.  Supposed to have results by Friday, but no one called.  Better hear something from them in the AM! Being medical people, Sarah and I have thinking of everything it could be and that can be a dangerous thing.  Better just to wait and see what the blood tests show.  Fever came back early over the weekend but has subsided since last night.  When I asked what she might need, her answer was energy.

I work tomorrow and Tuesday night and then have the rest of the week off.  Wow, gotta love my schedule.  I have a great job!  Wednesday and Thursday will be prep days.  Getting Sunday School and Kids' Church ready, laundry and packing.  Friday morning we fly out to Oklahoma for Matthew's college visit.  Campus tour on Friday afternoon, dinner with some of Jeff's friends on Friday night and then the big theatre interview on Saturday. Portfolio is done.  Will let you know how things go.

We won't get home until late Sunday night, and then I have a pretty full week. Work on Monday CPR and clinical skills updates on Wednesday, VBS meeting and church.  Concert on Thursday and then working the weekend.  Matthew has his audition/interview at Western Michigan on Friday afternoon.  One of my friends will work my first four hours of work so that I can go with Matthew to K-Zoo. By then, Sarah will be on spring break and I will have the whole week off with her.

Guess that about does it.  Might have time to work on our VBS website and some planning tonight yet.

Ready, Set....GO!

Gracie

No comments: