Tuesday, March 20, 2012

You'd Think It Was Summer

Happy Spring! The weather is warm/hot for March here in Michigan.  The crocus have been up for a week or so and today our daffodils are in full bloom.  Don't you just love Spring?  It is has been strange going to work while it is still light and then hard driving into the sunrise in the morning. I like not having to wear a coat to go outside.

Sarah is home for spring break and I love having her home. Today we had lunch and went grocery shopping since our fridge was pretty empty. We both love watching Tiger's baseball and some TV shows.  Making meals that she hasn't had in a while.  She has also done some studying for her licensing exam.  That is going to take place on April 13, our Anniversary.  Other good news,  Sarah is going to Japan in May.  I am so happy for her!  So glad she had a second chance.

Not too much news from Ann Arbor.  Mary and Brandon are fine after all of the tornadoes in the area last week.  Classes are going well. She even got to see a reading of the orphan of Zhao, performed by the Royal Shakespeare Company.  They will be performing the play during the London Olympics. What a great experience for her to see them at the U of M! I can't believe that we will move her home in five weeks, and she will have finished two years of college.

Matthew has been accepted into both theatre programs!  Now he has to decide where to go, Oklahoma or Western Michigan.  He is still waiting for the official letter from WMU, but received admittance via email.   We are all very happy for him. He and Jeff went to his interview last Friday while I stayed home with bronchitis and sinusitis.  I had to call into work sick for the first time. Ugh! I had that, especially on a weekend.  Good thing I have a doc note.  I can prove I wasn't playing hookey.

Tomorrow is Jeff's birthday and I will be baking a cake for soup supper before the lenten service.  Fudge Marble with Chocolate Frosting.  Wednesdays are always so busy, so not sure how when we will celebrate.  Guess I will have to let you know.

I had a couple busy nights in the nursery at work, and am now spending time with Sarah, had two fillings this morning and plan to go to Grand Rapids maybe on Thursday to hopefully find a graduation dress for Sarah.  I need some short sleeve white tops for work too.

Guess that is all.  We have more warm weather ahead this week, even setting heat records for the month of March!

Gracie

PS: Happy Birthday to by brother Dan...Hope you had a great day at Animal Kingdom! Look for you present in the mail in just a few days!

No comments: