Saturday, September 14, 2013

Canadian Brass


Jeff and I were able to attend the Canadian Brass concert at the Performing Arts Center at Greenville High School. It was awesome!  I didn't take my camera or iPod since pictures and videos are usually prohibited. Anyway, they welcomed pictures, so I used my cell phone and had pretty sad results.  Everything was small. I shared the best I had plus some I found online from Thursday's concert.  The music was stellar and the performers interactive. During one song, the Tuba Player came and played sitting in the audience.  The other 4 stood around the auditorium.  I took a picture of Jeff with their French Horn player. All of the instruments are 24 K gold plated! Just beautiful! One trumpeter, played the piccolo trumpet.  I never heard of that before. It was quite amazing! The other trumpeter has perfect pitch and sang a high C during the Carmen opera performance. Incredible! Everyone had a prop as a costume, Captain, brown women's wig, blonde women's wig a matador and even a bull! If you ever have a chance to see them in concert, I would HIGHLY recommend seeing them!


Watch a video taken at our concert lasts Thursday.  
(hear the piccolo trumpet!)


Jeff ran in a 5K this morning to benefit families that are homeless.  He was happy with his time right at 30 minutes!  I stayed home instead of going to watch, since it was a cold morning!  Some areas had frost!  I have a sweatshirt on today.  I think it was in the 40's! At least the sun is out and shining bright! Fall is here. Even some of the leaves are starting to change.

Have a nice weekend!

Gracie


No comments: