Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sweet September

School has officially started everywhere, now that Labor Day is behind us.   Matthew and Sarah started class in August, Mary started last Tuesday.  But today was another first day.  It was Mary's first day of school at Huron High as a Teaching Intern!  She looked beautiful and happy!  A dream is coming true right before our eyes!   Sarah's back into school mode both as a graduate student and as the athletic trainer at Summerfield High School.  She does such a great job!  The kids want to find a way to keep her next year too.  A small school probably doesn't have money in the budget for a Mater's prepared Athletic Trainer.  Matthew is busy with classes and working both jobs, OU scene shop and the movie theater.  He loves apartment living rather than the dorms. I don't hear too much from my favorite young man, but than means things are going ok.

Backing up just over a week, Mary moved back to Ann Arbor to her new apartment.  We had to rent a small truck to get her things there. This apartment wasn't furnished and neither of our cars would hold her bed and a futon. It is a nice place on the bottom floor and close to her classes and her work!  Sarah met us in Ann Arbor and we spent the night in Ann Arbor helping set up her furniture, hang pictures and enjoyed a delicious breakfast together prepared by Sarah and Jeff. Sarah drove us home to Greenville and spent the rest of Labor Day weekend with us.

Last weekend we travelled to Lansing to celebrate Jack's 3rd birthday. He is my little buddy that I babysat for a couple years when his mom was director of our preschool. The girls met us there so it was a family affair.  Even Matthew was able to Skype before work.   Fun was had by all. I am still
 Jack's "my Grace" and he told me I was his best friend.  Then he told everyone they were his best friend.   But when it came time to say goodbye and leave, Jack asked me to stay at their house.  He told Jeff,  "I want her (Grace) to stay with us".  Aww. It made me smile and feel loved.  I felt bad for little Jack though, he was so disappointed.  I told him I didn't have church clothes to wear the next day and he offered some of his.  What a sweetie.  I was glad to get hugs from all the kids, including mine, and spend time with the whole family.  Sarah found Mousercise  on youtube and all the kids enjoyed dancing and exercising.  Jack would mousercise every day he was at our house. 

 

Sunday was rally day at church.  I was hoping for better attendance for our Sunday School, but had less than 20 even with teachers.  Our adult studies had great attendance which is encouraging. Don't know why it is so hard to get people to stay and study God's wonderful Word together.  I will be praying that more children will be in class next week.  I made a website for our Sunday School. You can see it here.

Before Mary went back to Ann Arbor, she took the time to help clear out my old and non-fitting clothes from my closet.  It was a big job.  I had quite a few things that I couldn't wear that I can wear now and things I was wearing that I can't wear anymore.  Do I sound like the apostle Paul?  Anyway, I got to wear one of my favorite blouses to church that I haven't worn in years along with a favorite pair of shoes, my two tone navy and white shoes I got from the resale store at the seminary. I paid a quarter or 50 cents for them.  Unfortunately by the time I got home, I had at least three blisters on my toes and feet. I knew I wouldn't wear them again. They were laid to rest in our trash can after I took one last picture. Pretty silly isn't it?  The rest of the story is that all three kids gave me a hard time when I wore those shoes, so it wasn't just getting rid of the shoes, but it was the getting rid of an object with so many funny memories! I won't lose the memories and I won't have anymore blisters.

Looking forward,  Jeff and I have tickets to see/hear the Canadian Brass.  They are performing at our high school auditorium.  I can't wait.  Need to make some birthday plans too for my first born.  She will be 24!  I have a few ideas, just have to decide.  As a graduate student she is learning about multiple expenses and told me just to give money. She has renew her ATC certification
(which is really expensive) and has to have the hew new car looked at.  The fan for the AC isn't working right. While sending her money would be easy and helpful, momma needs to get her something fun too!  Sure would help if her university would pay her for her all her work.  They still owe her some payment.

Well, that's about it.  Tomorrow is a day we must never forget.  9/11/01~ the day our country was attacked and thousands died.  God Bless America.

No comments: