Wednesday, June 25, 2008

FUN FUN FUN!

Yesterday was a really fun day. We looked at old yearbooks and had a few laughs. Then Mary went to buy her iPod touch. It is pretty fancy. Expensive too. I treated the kids to Applebee's for lunch and Sarah applied for a job there. Blockbuster won't interview for 2-3 more weeks.

Later on, Sarah went to umpire a softball game where she was behind the plate. She didn't throw anyone out of the game, and no one got irate with her either. Matthew got a ride to his tournament game with the coach, since I had a medical appointment. Then I took Mary to the Drum and Bugle Corp competition. We had a really nice time. We judged them and we like our results better. The last band actually brought out a mini stage and the show was like a little musical. I thought it was too "showy" and prefer the pure music of a band. Anyway thatshowy band won. We stopped at "Cory's", a favorite restuarant to split a dessert and came home with lots of smiles.

I called Matthew to see how his game went and wow! Matthew pitched a shut out! Pitched a whole game, 5 innings, before they mercied the other team. I guess Matt struck out 6, walked only 2 and was on base three times. I am so proud of him! I wish I could be 3 places at once!

I worked 8 hours today and had a good day. Matt called and told me there was another game tonight at 6pm. Sarah was supposed to be in S Grand Rapids at the same time to play fast pitch with Hope College. Now I was stuck. I decided that Matt couldn't pitch today, due to required rest time, so I got him a ride again and took Sarah to her game. His friend invited him to spend the night, so I don't know what happened. Sarah played well. Caught several fly balls to outfield and walked once, struck out swinging once, and hit and got to 1b once. Best of all she is meeting new people that will be part of her life this fall.

Tomorrow I have a day off, so I am going to try to get a few errands done, and have fun with the kids. Supposed to have hot weather ~88 degrees for a high. Our trip to FL is coming up fast, so maybe some planning for that and checking in our quilt.

That is all the news. Toodle do!

Grace

PS- Here is an amazing video of a pitched ball hitting a bird.