Monday, June 23, 2008

Kind of a Bummer of a Day

Today was pretty tiring. I worked night shift last night and slept till around 12:30 pm. Although there were no incidents, it is still pretty tough to stay up all night even if you slept ahead of time.

I saw the doctor this afternoon for annual blood test for my throid and a few aches and pains. I do have a recurring wartlike lesion on my hand that he will biopsy after our vacation. I also had a skin tag removed from below my left eye. Thank goodness.

Matt had a nice day at his friends house. He plays baseball tomorrow evening in the second of the district tournament. I can't go, so he will be going with his coach. Mary has been wanting to go to the Drum Corp showdown for several weeks, so I am going to that with her. Sarah is working at a softball game tomorrow night.

Speaking of softball, our church game was fun but discouraging too. We lost 39-9! They had good bats and gloves and we had some errors. Everyone got along and we even played through some rain. That was our best inning! I had a nice hit to L field. I told the team God was teaching us some lesson, maybe patience or losing with grace. Sarah was the pitcher and did an excellent job, Matt had a great snag at third base!

Mary is swimming tonight with her friend. Hope they don't stay out too late. Mary played her cello yesterday afternoon at the Flat River Historical Museum. It was very nice and she played well. There was someone who plans to call and hire a quartet. This was the first time Iwas at the museum. There are some very interesting things. I will need to take visitors to the museum and show them Greenville history.

We found out that this fall's musical is "Guys and Dolls". Mary is pretty excited and looks forward in getting a role in the play. We are thinking about voice lessons this summer to determine her voice range and also help in preparation for tryouts in September.

Well, it is time to get going. Need a shower after that game in the dusty infield.

Grace