Saturday, June 7, 2008

It was a Happy Birthday

I had a very nice birthday. We went shopping at our favorite local stores and then had lunch together before I took mom to the airport in Lansing. We all had such a nice time together for Sarah's graduation. Jeff's parents left a few days earlier and stopped to see some friends in Indiana. Anyway, on the way home I drove into a severe thunderstorm. My weatherman called me several times to forewarn me. Sure enough just as predicted, I drove into a storm with strong winds and torrential rains. I pulled into a church parking lot and parked next to the building to be protected from the wind and then the hail started. I waited around 15 minutes till the storm passed and got home safely.

Jeff and the family took me for a barbeque dinner and then we spent a few hours cleaning up the basement. Fun! Actually it is nice to see it so clean. Tomorrow is the graduation open house and Sarah wanted to have extreme ping pong, thus cleaning the basement. Mary baked me a chocolate layer cake and it was moist and delicious.

The excitement began later when a bat appeared in the house! Jeff and Mary's friend Greg help apprehend the critter and released it into the night sky.

During the past week, it was nice to have Sarah home and we went for birthday lunch at Red Lobster with Ernie and Marlene, Gloria and Jeff met us there. Thursday was a busy day...quilt, clean, banking, piano lesson, baseball practice, Band Booster meeting, Softball banquet and a GHS Jazz Band concert in the park, which was really good. We actually went to all the events.

Today will be busy enough. Matthew has a baseball game, open houses, cleaning house buying groceries, decorating and preparing for Sarah's open house tomorrow. I play for church in the morning and am part of the fellowship team after church! I'll need a rest, but I work Monday from 8 am to 4 pm. My patient is moving to California, so I need to work as much as I can before that.

Better Run!

Grace