Sunday, April 17, 2011

Update From Ann Arbor

Here I am sitting in Mary's dorm room before her cello concert.  She isn't the only performer, part of a chamber group.  I am looking forward to some great music this afternoon. Plan to get a video recording and have it posted in my next entry.  My cousin Virgina and her family will be attending as well.  Anxious to spend some time with my extended family.

My weekend started in Detroit at the state bowling tournament.  I had fun and bowled as usual: 96,133 and 106.  No consistency.  It was  nice paticipating, we all start by standing up at our lane an sing the national anthem.  I guess that makes it official!  I am throwing the ball better, just can't pick up the spares.

Got to Ann Arbor and checked into my hotel room, which was very nice and the people very friendly. Had dinner with Mary and Brandon at Buffalo Wild Wings. Had a cheeseburger, and I must say very delicious! Right up there with Red Robin burgers. The three of us had a fun time watching TV and packing up the dorm rooms. They are done next week.  I will be bringing some of their things home with me this trip to lighten the load next week.  Funny Story:We got to the parking garage and just as we got to the elevator doors, they opened and the three guys inside got spooked not expecting to see anyone when they got off! We all ended up laughing, but it was a little freaky.

Mary and I stayed up too late in our hotel room talking and laughing.  I think we were asleep by 0200. Mary was so happy to sleep in a nicer bed and took two showers! A luxury for college students! We were up and off to church @ 0945 and attended services at University Lutheran Chapel.  It was a very nice contemporary service, and each left with a palm branch.  Had lunch at China Gate, another favorite, which brings us to the present.  Better sign off and get to the Keene Theatre in the Residential College at U of M.

Later,

Gracie

PS:  Break a Leg to my nephew, Eric, who is playing his senior recital today in Jacksonville, FL.  He is the only performer and will play all sort of piano music including his own compositions!  Wish we could be there!

No comments: