Sunday, April 24, 2011

Wonderful Easter Weekend!

It certainly was a whirlwind, but got accomplished and had a lot of fun together. Thursday didn't end they way we wanted it too.  First, Matthew's Village Green practice was cancelled, which was a good thing, but after a nice Maunday Thursday service Matthew complained that he wasn't feeling too well. When we got home after a late dinner at Taco Bell, he had a fever of 100.  I knew we were on a road to a doctor's visit.

Sure enough, Friday morning his temp was 102 and he felt terrible.  Luckily he had no school and I got him appointment in the morning.  Jeff took him to the doctor and he was diagnosed with strep throat.  Poor Matthew.  While they were at the doctor and working/resting at home, Brandon and I were in Ann Arbor to bring Mary home from college.  We were loaded up in 30 minutes or so, then went shopping with leftover Dining Dollars and bought gatorade, water, candy and snacks.  Better to spend it than lose it.  Boy was our car packed!  Before we left Ann Arbor, we had lunch at the Cottage Inn and ate delicious pizza and Mary turned in her financial papers turned in.  We were home by 5 pm and then had time to relax before church.

Good Friday Cantata Tenebrae Service went very well.  Better than all of our rehearsals.  The church showed the "Passion of the Christ" afterward and it was just as moving as the last time I saw it.  I think I was even more emotional this time.  Glad to be home and get some rest.  It was a tiring day!

Saturday we got up ready to get things done.  They never get done as quickly as you want them too.  It wasn't until after lunch time that Mary and I got out to the store to return some items, shop for food and something nice and new to wear for Easter.  All was accomplished! Matthew decided he didn't feel well enough to make the trip to WMU to see the plays.  It relieved some stress, but was a disappointment too. There will be other shows, and Matthew's health had to come first. Mary made Chicken Crescents for dinner and baked cookies too. Then was the laundry marathon!  I got so much done, but alas still more left. Is it ever finished?  Sarah arrived home  in the early evening and had some dinner we saved for her.  It wasn't long though, before my three babies all fell asleep. Matthew was feeling much better by now, but still needed lots of rest. I still had to play my part of the Easter Bunny and made the baskets for the morning. I didn't hide them this year...think we might be passed that era.  Planned and practiced music for Easter Sunday!

0500 came very early!  I won't say how many hours I slept, just not enough.  Three of us needed showers, so I got up first and allowed time for others to follow.  The whole family made it to Easter Sunrise service at 0700, that's an accomplishment! I played for the first service and felt it went very well. Received several compliments, that is always a plus! Musical rehearsals were a little shaky,  which can made me a little worried. But when it came down to playing for our Risen Lord during late church, it was just wonderful!  The Chime Team and Orchestra did a fabulous job.

Sarah and Matthew came home after the Easter Breakfast and the rest of us were home around noon. Jeff took a well deserved nap and the rest of us watched the Count of Monte Cristo.  I had a few cat naps and then kept the laundry going, downloaded pictures and got them posted on Shutterfly. Have a look at them on the Wilhelm Family Photos!  Dinner tonight was Ham, Salad, Carrots and Hawaiian Rolls.  Mary made Peanut Butter brownies for dessert, in honor of Jeff's baptism birthday. Sarah worked on projects and homework most of the day with sports playing in high definition on our TV.

It is now nearing midnight, and the laundry still isn't finished, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel! It was so nice to have the whole family together for Easter, what a blessing!  Sarah is home safe and sound, so I can rest without worries now.

Tomorrow, I will finish the laundry. I will prepare for the last kids choir rehearsal and Practice a piano my part of a piano duet Brandon wants to play with me. It is very hard and Mary's cello part is a challenge as well. Guess I should get the bills done too.

Job Update: I have a phone interview with Human Resources at Children's Hospital on Tuesday regarding a NICU position.  I have filled out forms for background checks and  reference checks during this busy weekend. Your prayers are appreciated. Lots of  possible changes in the future.

Have a Happy Day!

Gracie

No comments: