Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Back to Empty Nesting

A year ago, we started moving our kids to their new locations.  I was already singing the blues. Little did we know that just a few months later, blues of empty nesting ended and a fight with cancer ensued.   So, I feel like we are starting over as new empty nesters. 

Sarah is back in Toledo and working with her student and collecting data for her thesis and covering pre-season sporting events. We are presently working with her to purchase a new vehicle. With her Kia nearing 200,000 miles and needing more cargo space, we located a Ford Escape with hopes to buy it. It is very nice and a good price for a vehicle much newer than her 2003 car.  I sure miss having her at home. 



Mary has two weeks of her two classes during this summer session.  She also had to say goodbye to Brandon who left Monday morning for Los Angeles and UCLA.  I am sure it wasn't easy for either of them. At least there is cyberspace and smart phones that make it easy to stay in touch.  I look forward to having Mary home for a few weeks before fall classes.  

Matthew is busy working his two jobs in Oklahoma.  I don't hear too much from him, as he is man of few words right now.  So it is normal, no news is good news.  But this mom misses him so much, that I need to at least text him during the week and skype or face time with him once in a while. Jeff and I have planned a trip to Norman in October for alumni weekend.  I am anxiously awaiting to see what plays may be onstage at OU that weekend. It would mean so much to see a show where Matthew is learning his profession.  


I am trying to keep busy with piecing my life back together.  I kind of feel like I lost a year, since most of the last nine months has been focused on health.  I've started going to a water aerobics class and getting out and doing more things like, baseball games, lunch with friends, working on personal projects, chores and playing the piano.  Jeff is always busy. Church, Habitat for Humanity, helping the kids over the miles, and spending time with me!   

It has been a good summer so far.

No comments: