Wednesday, July 3, 2013

More Fun with the Wilhelms

Our time with Matthew has been so nice.  Even when we are just at home watching TV, eating together or just hanging out, it is wonderful to have him home.  Sarah is home now for the month of July with the exception of time back in Toledo for a meeting with the graduate school.

Here are some highlights of the past few days:
  • Went to a play "Into the Woods" at Greenville High School.  It was very good and quite long.
  • Of course everyone at church and Bible Hour were happy to see Matthew and surprised how tall he is now.  Almost taller than Jeff!
  • All five of us spent Sunday evening with our friends, the Clarks,celebrating our godson's birthday. We had so much  fun. Miss having them here in Greenville and at Mt. Calvary. There are lots of pictures in the family album.
  • Monday we went to the Michigan Whitecaps baseball game and had a fun time. Sarah and Matthew had friends with them at the game.   The weather was beautiful.  Not hot at all and had shady seats, which made me very happy.
  • Sarah and I have been cooking together.  We have made Lasagna Rolls,  Chicken Enchiladas, and tonight is chicken crescents.
  • Matthew finally went with our family friend Daryl and shot arrows with his bow.  He had a good time and said he did pretty well.
  • Sarah accompanied me on my first time driving in months. I had no crashes and returned home safe and sound.
We still have some fun ahead:
  • Mary will be with us for the 4th of July.  It will be so nice to have her home, no matter how short the visit might be.
  • We will be going to a 4th of July party at the Olivers in the afternoon.
Friday is Matthew's last day here.  Thinking about that makes me sad.  I hope that we can do something fun to last me until I see him again near the end of the year. 

I guess that about does it.  Have a great Independence Day! Happy Birthday America!

Gracie

No comments: