Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Good Weekend

Matthew is feeling better and adjusting to using one arm. He finally let me take his picture with his splint on. He goes to the Ortho doctor on Wednesday for xrays and the determination of therapy...maintain the splint, cast or surgery.

The Men's Glee Club 150th Anniversary Concert was terrific. Brandon looked so nice and he did great on his first concert. I was so glad that Mary, Matthew and I were able to be at the concert. The auditorium is gorgeous. We had some really good seats. I really enjoyed all of the songs, watching the choir file on and off stage and the pianist was awesome. It was truly an amazing night. We had a lot of fun spending time with Brandon's family on campus. I can't wait for the next concert! More pictures on our photo album!

Church and Sunday School went well. I enjoyed teaching the story of Daniel and the Lion's Den. I played for church and think I did a pretty good job. I am never without mistakes but everyone sang really well. My brass players did a great job too. We should add our flute and strings after Thanksgiving. Jeff's sermon was very good.

This afternoon we got the laundry started, took a nap, Jeff got the Christmas lights up with Mary's help, before the cold weather hits this week. We won't turn them on until after Thanksgiving. I have been good not turning on the Christmas tree too. Greenville had the community wide Thanksgiving service. It was very nice and Jeff and I got to worship together! WOW! From there we went over to bowing and I had a great game..173! Jeff bowled really well all night in the 170's all three games and yes he did beat my game of 173, but that is fine with me. Our team took 3 points tonight. We should have had al four but my last game was 97 and we ended up losing that game by just a few pins. I should have done better.

Now we are home and need to get showered and ready for bed. Work tomorrow at 0500 for 12 hours. Then kids choir and chimes. I will be really exhausted by bedtime tomorrow. That is all.

Gracie