Friday, November 27, 2009

I Am NOT Going Shopping...

I am not planning on shopping and fighting the crowds of Black Friday. The sales might be good, but I am not going out into the rain/snow mix to wait in line and then find out they are out of the item I was waiting for! I am going to sleep until my eyes open and feel awake. Sarah would like to see the movie "Blindside". Will have to check the movie times. Mary has been invited for dinner at the Cory's. Matthew just wants to do something fun. I like to see everyone happy and healthy.

Our Thanksgiving was nice. We watched the parades in the morning and cleared off the tables. Sarah got some of her laundry done while I was preparing the meal. Norma and Randy arrived at two and we were eating our dinner by 2:45 pm. All of the food was good. I forgot the Redi Whip, so the pumpkin pie didn't have the nice fluffy creamy sweetness it was supposed to have. The four of us bowled on the Wii, and then enjoyed each other's company and shared stories. Brandon came over later and played some mastermind with Mary. Then they invited Jeff and me to play scrabble with them. It was a great game! Brandon won on the very last play to beat me by two points! We did use every letter and covered most of the board. Mary took a picture to document this successful game. Sarah and Matthew played on his new computer game, The Sims. It looks pretty complicated, but I guess it is fun and addicting..Great! (not really).

Unfortunately, Sarah's computer is not working very well and it is quite frustrating for her. She'd really like a new one, but there isn't much of a fund for that. Jeff tried to fix it and at least discovered what was wrong. Hope we can get it working before she returns to school. She could have been talked into going to a doorbuster for a new computer. I wouldn't be much help since I so little about what to look for in a computer. Her phone has been acting up too, which just compounds the frustration.

I work on Saturday night for 6 hours. Otherwise, we have another day to spend together with family and friends. Matt's feeling well, needing less pain control and managing well with his splint. I am feeling pretty tired so I am going to sign off.

Grace

PS- Some of you might wonder why the Wizard of OZ music? When I was a little girl, I watched that movie every Thanksgiving night while the adults talked. Those darn flying monkey really scared me. Anyway that is why it is on my Thanksgiving music.