Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It is Thanksgiving Eve! We Are Thankful!

Matthew saw the his orthopedic surgeon this afternoon and once again avoided open surgery for his fractured arm. I guess the plan is to watch the bone get "sticky" to see if they are lining up well. If not, then they will have to fix it. So Matthew is not out of the woods yet, but so far so good. Two more weeks of waiting in the splint before the final decision is made. Thank you for all of your prayers.

Sarah is home. Jeff and Matthew picked her up before the doctor's appointment. She was happy to be with Matthew at his appt and see the x-ray. I got home from work at 6pm and then we all went to Big Boy for dinner. We got home with full tummies and Matthew is playing computer games, Sarah went to a friends house to watch movies and Brandon is home and over singing with Mary. The kids are happy...that makes me happy. I have 2 pumpkin pies in the oven while I blog this message. The dishwasher is cleaning the dishes and the washing machine the towels.

Our kitchen has new windows! They look really nice too. I am going to paint the trim in the kitchen with fresh white paint. I'd really like to pull the paper off the wall, but then I am in for a huge project. Not a good time of year for big projects. Speaking of projects, I made Matthew a soft pillow to elevate his arm on. He likes it and I think it turned out nicely. T-shirts make nice soft pillows!

Tomorrow our friends Randy and Norma are coming for dinner. We are having turkey, stuffing, potatoes, rolls of course, sweet potato casserole, salad and pumpkin pie! Mmm. I am sure we will find some fun things to do before we finish off the leftovers later! Hahaha! There is a threat of rain/snow mix the next 24 hours. Will we have a white winter? Time will tell.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Gracie et All