Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I am most thankful for my family that we can spend it together!  Mary and Brandon surprised us and came home on Tuesday and Sarah was home when I got home from work yesterday. It is so nice to have them home for a long weekend. So far we have:
  • Enjoyed dinner together at Pizza Hut and late night shopping for groceries.
  • Sarah made delicious pumpkin-spice cream cheese breakfast rolls. They were yummy!
  • Mary and I made pumpkin pies.
  • Planned shopping for Black Friday...:Not too much...just a few things. I work tomorrow too.
  • Prepared and ate traditional Thanksgiving Dinner. Pumpkin Pies still to be devoured.
  • Matthew and Mary put up the Christmas Tree. Still need to decorate more this weekend.
  • Played a game and now watching some silly TV.  
The past week has been so busy, I failed to write any updates.
  • Matthew was stage manager for GHS musical, Grease three nights in a row.  It was a great show and all went well each night.  I stayed after the last show to watch the strike the set and learned a lot about how much work goes into the techincal part of the show!  Parents of the actors watch their kids perform and all is well.  Techie moms and dads don't get to see their kids work, unless you watch the strike.  Very cool.
  • MCLC Chime Team played on Sunday and it was virtually perfect!  Orchestra plays on Sunday.  Advent is here! Chirstmas Program is planned and parts distributed. I think it is going to be a nice service.
  •  I went for my employee health appointment and can't start until I am cleared by the Metro Employee Health Doctor. He needs to clear me for work since I have had some knee issues related to arthritis.  It might click and lock a little, but I don't have constant pain and never missed work because of it. Also need to check my immunity to mumps. I won't get to see him until next Thursday. Supposed to start the following Monday. That is cutting it pretty close, especially since I don't know what the doc will say. I fretted for  a while, but there isn't a lot that I can do.
  • Our bathroom is finally finished and very nice. The floor is heated and feels great. The water strong now and the drains are no longer slow.  Yay!
  • Our bowling team remains in 2nd place. I didn't bowl so well last Sunday, but Jeff had a great game of 204!  He has a great average..176!
The rest of the weekend should prove to be a lot of fun!  Sometimes I think we won't have enough time!
  • Shopping late night/early morning shopping.  Jeff and Matthew are going into Grand Rapids and Mary and I are staying local, since I need to be at work later after the sun rises.
  • Chicken Crescents are slated for Friday dinner,but we are always open to change.
  • Possible Ice Skating at a new rink nearby.  I may not skate, but I love to watch Sarah skate. She still loves it.  Matthew would love it too.
  • College Football..U of M vs. OSU. Go Blue!  Not sure where we will watch it, but it is sure to be a good game.  Will be rooting for the Gators and Sooners too! Korean dinner on Saturday.
That is all for now....I will try to write more often!

Go Blue Beat OSU!

Grace

    No comments: