Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Here's the Latest

Sunday was filled with activity:
  • After Sunday School and a nice service, Jeff Matthew and I went tubing with eight others from the MCLC youth group. Tubing is sledding on a big inner tube.  We had so much fun.  All eleven of us held on to each other and went down the hill together! Woohoo!  We had multiple runs, some with races, some going down by twos, fours and eights.  The last time we hooked together like a train! I discovered that both of my boots had holes/splits between the sole and upper. The outcome was wet cold feet. I bought some new boots last night at Meijer, on clearance.  Nothing cute, but they are warm and comfortable.    
  •  Not too long after getting home from sledding, Jeff and I went bowling. Our team took all four points. I bowled over average each game!  So happy about that.  I work next Sunday so my sub will bowl.  We will end up bowling about half of the weeks each.  Thanks Janet for filling in!
Matt had no school Monday, Martin Luther King, Jr Day.  Instead he worked at the school scene shop all afternoon.  We all drove into Grand Rapids for dinner at TGiFriday's for dinner, and then I went on to work and the men went home.  I will be working tonight and tomorrow this week and then 3 days next week to finish up my orientation.

Had some good sleep yesterday and then got a few errands done, had pizza dinner and attended the forum at MCLC about finding a new preschool director.  Our current one is moving at the end of the year. Got home late.  Can you imagine?  Was hoping to spend a little time with Matthew in the evening and watch the MSU vs. UM basketball game.  Glad to hear the Wolverines pulled off the win 60-59.  What will be the result at their next meeting in Lansing?  Go Blue!

Happy Birthday to my brother Dave!  It was his day yesterday!   Hope it was a great day!

For now, I should get going.  There is more work to be done before I sleep a little and go to work tonight. 

Gracie

Matthew's Video of Tubing at Pando.  Fun! Don't worry if the screen is black.  Click on play and it will work.


    




No comments: