Saturday, January 14, 2012

School, Sleep and Snow

SCHOOL: All the kids are back to school. The daily routine is back.  Christmas decorations are down. Church activities are back in swing!

Sarah is starting her last semester at Hope College.  It's almost unbelievable and a little bittersweet. Hope has been such a wonderful place for Sarah over that past four years. She made the Dean's list again this fall, and has applied to Gradate Schools at Michigan State, University of Toledo, Indiana and Western Michigan University. Graduation will be on May 6th, and we are very proud of her.

Mary is going full throttle at University of Michigan. Classes, Glee Club, Barbershop Quaretet, K-Grams and Swimming are keeping her days and nights busy, just the way she likes it! Since she is the business manager for the Glee Club she is making the arrangements for their tour to South Africa and since then planned a winter retreat for the club at an upscale hotel in Detroit.

Matthew is almost half way through his senior year.  He is doing well is preparing for his interviews at University of Oklahoma and Western Michigan University theatre departments.  He recently bought himself a nook and is reading books a lot more lately. That is good! He is also busy at the school scene shop building the set for the next play, Little Women.

SLEEP:  Sleep has been a big part of my day lately since I am now working at night.  I really like my new job at the hospital and am feeling a little more confident with each shift worked. I have two more weeks of orientation and then will be on my own at the end of January.  I think I will be ready! I will be happy to work two nights a week instead of the three.

SNOW: We finally had our first BIG snow.  Of course it fell all night while I was at work and made the roads crazy for the ride home.  There is a Hyatt Hotel on the hospital campus, so I can stay there in the future, if I need to, especially if I work two nights in a row. Matthew was happy to have Snow Day #1!  Now that we have several inches of snow on the ground, tomorrow is sledding/tubing day after church. We usually have a great turn out.

This weekend promises to be busy:
  • Doing laundry, including, putting away clean clothes since our vacation.
  • Practicing the piano for church tomorrow.
  • Preparation for Sunday School and Children's Church
  • Watching Bronco Football.  Rooting for Tim Tebow and his team! 
  • Sledding and Bowling
  • No School Monday, but that will be a sleep day for me.
  • Bills and Quicken.
Thanks for your patience and interest.  Like the new look of the blog?

Gracie

No comments: