Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Exciting Times..Busy Schedules

Well,  I didn't get called in on Sunday night. I did work Monday night and it was pretty busy.  It was nice to receive nice compliments from the patients before I left work.  Makes it worth the extra effort.

Yesterday I got an official retired AF dependent ID card.  I actually like the picture too. Unfortunately, it is only good for a few years which is weird, since my last one lasted a long time.  I hated that picture.  Oh well, I have learned to go with the flow. Who knows maybe the next picture will be even better!

Chime Team rehearsal went great.  They have really grown together and play well.  Last Sunday they played Beautiful Savior with just a few rehearsals.  Working on three more songs for the rest of the season.

Got up early today and went to the doctor for a check up.  Lost weight and all my labs are good.  Knee pain is almost non-existent.  The doc was very happy and told me to keep up the good work.  I plan on it!

I am happy to announce that I finally finished Quicken! I let it lag and procrastinated too long, which made it into a daunting job.  Thanks to Jeff he helped me through a few wrinkles. But it is done!  Yay! It feels good, and I don't ever want to get that far behind again.  So I plan to keep up with those slips regularly from now on.

Tonight is the Village Green Variety Show and Matthew will be singing with his barbershop group.  It heard a snipet of it over a voice message and they sounded pretty nice.  Gave him a few thoughts and look forward to the performance.  Interestingly, they almost didn't sing, as they had to find another baritone. So it was miraculous that they found someone willing and sang well the first time through.

Jeff won't be able to go to the concert. It is Ash Wednesday. It aggravates us no end that schools plan events on days that force kids to choose between school and church. Grades reflect attendance too.  In the end, I will be missing church tonight and Jeff will miss the concert.  I wonder if you could watch it live on http://www.mhsaa.tv/greenville  .If not live, maybe after the fact.  I haven't heard anything, but it is possible. Show starts at 7:30 pm.

Matthew has been working hard on the college auditions for technical theatre. The applications are in and now he has the portfolio to finish.  Glad Mary is coming home this weekend. She will be a big help. I know that Matthew has also worked on applications for financial aid.  He has also taken to playing the piano, learning songs and playing by ear!  More recently, he has been reading the music and learning to play. I am so impressed with him.

As mentioned earlier, Mary will be home this weekend for spring break.  I have all next week off after working the weekend.   Glad to have time together!   She is very busy with midterms this week.  She is ready for some rest and relaxation.  Sarah is doing fine at Hope.  Graduation is coming quick and we are very proud of her.

As for now, I had better get working on the rest of my to do list. 

Gracie

No comments: