Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter! He is Risen!

Spring Break has come to an end and Matthew will start the few months as a high school student.  We had a wonderful Easter weekend complete with sunny weather! Sarah arrived home safely Saturday and I was cancelled from work Saturday night, which allowed me to have fun times with my family.
  • Tiger Baseball
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Watching "The Ten Commandments" and "Psyche"
  • Baking Brownies
Jeff and Matthew left early for the "sunrise" service.  Matthew had A/V duty. Then Matt came home and picked me up for Easter Breakfast.  The men of MCLC did a great job.  French Toast, Sausage, Scrambled Eggs, Biscuits and Gravy.  Sunday School was well attended by kids and adults.  Sarah arrived and attended church with me.  It was very nice to see some of the college students and military members home this weekend.

Sarah and Jeff made the sticky rice when we got home while I cooked the bulkogi.  We still have brownies to eat and I need to present the chocolate bunnies.  There are a few good TV shows to watch tonight too.

Jeff has gone to Lowe's to get some more lawn seed with mulch.  There is still some areas we need to seed. Matthew and Jeff have done a great job on our yard.  We both have tomorrow off, so we may entertain the idea of going to the season opener of the Michigan Whitecaps.  We will see what kind of weather we have. I am thankful for my friend at work who traded shifts with me so I can be home tonight with the family!

Sarah returns to Hope in the morning and will need your prayers on Friday when she takes her BOC (board of certification) test.   Passing gives her the title of Athletic Trainer Certified.  I have total faith in Sarah, but taking those type tests can be quite daunting! She will also finish up her 4 years at Hope College and prepare for grad school at University of Toledo.  A trip to Japan in May will be a memory making experience.

I received an email from Mary today.  She has several papers to write.  One 15 page paper for history, a final English paper and a 3 page written essay in German. Whew! She also mentioned that Brandon had a recording session last night and sang "As Long As I'm Singing" and "Mac the Knife".  She sent me some pictures (posted in the family album) and the recordings.  I am trying to figure out a way to post them. They turned out very well. Saturday is the Women's Glee Club Concert.  I will be going to listen to them and I am certain that "Blue Horizon" quartet will perform too.  I will make a second trip to Ann Arbor the next weekend to move Mary home!  I can't believe that she done with 2 years at Michigan.

Matthew is getting excited about OU.  He has been reading about some activities during orientation weekend and it does sound like lots of fun~ free movie, golf cart tour of where your classes are and learning about intramural sports.  He also read that the sword fighting theatre class was outside on the north oval.  Pretty cool!  Even though there are lots of fun things to think about, we also have deadlines for financial aid applications.

So what's happening the rest of the week?
  • Nursing Ed class on Tuesday and work Thursday night.
  • Jeff and I will celebrate our 27th  wedding anniversary on Friday. Sarah takes her BOC test.
  • Matthew will be singing with the Village Green at GHS Collage Concert on Friday.
  • I bowl in the state tournament Saturday morning and attend Mary's concert Saturday night.
  • Last Chime Team rehearsal
Think we need to have some sort of mexican dinner tonight...Taco Bell??

Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Gracie

No comments: