Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Break, Opening Day and Holy Week

Matthew's Spring Break finally arrived this week. Here are some of the activites:
  • Matthew and Jeff worked on the yard all day Monday and it looks terrific!  There is grass seed down with mulch that Matt waters each day. All the old brush got pulled out and removed. I slept since I worked a 12 hour on call shift Sunday night and needed to go back to work Monday night. I did managed to have a taco bell dinner with my men.
  • Tuesday Matthew and I caught up on our TV shows through On Demand on our Cable TV.  Jeff and I went out to dinner together, while Matthew planned on a basketball gig with his buddies.  Unfortunately, it fell through.  At least until the next day. Watched "War Horse".  It was ok.
  • Wednesday, I watched "Courageous" while Matthew went to play basketball then came did errands with me including grocery shopping. I even made dinner and cookies!  Haven't done that in a while.  Working nights makes it difficult to cook the next day, since I end up sleeping  most of the day.
  • Yesterday was probably one of the best!  Matthew and I went to the ball park and hit some softballs.  Matthew even did some switch hitting. It felt good to feel the ball hit the bat, especially when you see the ball sail to the outfield.  Had hot dogs for lunch with the quilters and hurried home to watch Opening Day for the Detroit Tigers! Verlander started where he left off, with a great pitching and control. Too bad Valverde couldn't get the save, but ended taking the win after some sloppy pitching.  Either way, TIGERS WIN!  The orchestra played for church and the Maunday Thursday service was very nice. 1/2 off Appetizers for dinner at Applebee's.
Good Friday is here. It is a day I feel sad that Jesus had to die on the cross, especially since He is holy. But,  I  also know it is a good day, Jesus took that on willingly endured a beating, crown of thorns, ridicule and hanging on a cross, so that I forgiven of all of my sins!  How Good, no Great is that?? Of course the most important part of the story happens on Sunday.  Because Jesus rose again on Easter, now we can be ASSURED that we will go to heaven and live with HIM forever.  I won't be going to church since I am scheduled to work tonight.

What else is planned for the weekend??
  • Making Bulkoogi today for Sunday dinner, since I will be working Friday and Saturday. Maybe I will get cancelled for one of those days.
  • EASTER Services....
  • Sarah will be home for Easter Sunday.  It is always nice to have her home. Wish Mary could be with us too. 
  • No bowling or work (I traded shifts), so I can spend the whole day with the family!
  • Then back to the grind on Monday....
HAPPY EASTER!!   HE IS RISEN!! INDEED!! ALLELUIA!!

 Gracie

No comments: