Sunday, May 11, 2008

Baseball, Softball, Parties and Plays

Happy Mother's Day!

Matthew's baseball game started at 9 am and went for 2 hours. They lost by one run. When Matt's game was over, we stopped at home picked up water had a bite to eat and then drove over to Sarah's 2nd game of a 3 game tournament. They won their first game and lost the last two. Sarah made a spectacular play in left field. I wish I had a video camera with me. She dove for a ball, caught it did a somersault and held up her glove with the ball in it! Way to go Sarah! She did some good base running as well, and slid into home plate and was called out, but I am sure she was safe. Ties go to the base runner, blue (ump)!




Jeff went to the third game and I went to my patient's birthday party. It was small family affair of which I feel a part of by now. She had fun playing in frosting, wearing frosting and even got to taste a little.

While all this was going on, Mary was baking a cake and dinner to surpirse me for Mother's Day. They made tacos and a delicious funfetti cake! Thanks guys! I wanted to go to the whitecaps game tomorrow, but it is supposed to be rainy all day. I guess we will do something else.




The Hobbit had it's final performance. It went quite well. Matthew did a fine job for his first role. He thinks he might try being a techie next time, and Mary wants to return to acting. We do have an addition to our house. One of the spiders from the play lives in the attic. Creature crew got to adopt a spider. The dragon is so big that they may have to destroy him.. too bad they worked a long time on him. I guess there is just no place to store him. Maybe they should put it on Ebay and see how much they get for him. Shipping would be quite expensive. This pic shows Mary working on stage preparing for this week's concerts.

Sarah went to a softball team bonfire at a players house tonight. She had a good time and now all the kids are sleeping. I should be too. It was a long busy day.

Tomorrow is the day of Pentecost and the kid's choir is singing and we have a very musical service ready to go. I will be playing quite a bit.

Next week promises to be busy as well. I work 4 days (~30hours), have ball games, choir banquet on Monday and the school music concerts are on Wed and Thursday. Quilting, Cello lesson and Mary's sweet sixteen on Friday with a party next Sunday. Jeff and Matt are going to Macknac this weekend with Matt's school chorus. The fun will continue to the end of the month. I don't want to overwhelm myself with all the upcoming events. I need to take them a bunch at a time.

I am off to Neverland!