Thursday, September 1, 2011

Goodbye Summer, Hello School!

September 1st is here, and that means summer is over.  It makes me sad since I like having my kids home.  We will be taking Mary to the University of Michigan tomorrow morning, and moving her into the East Quad dorm. There is some excitement and worries too, will everything fit in the room the way she wants it too? We will find out.  First we have to pack it all in the RAV!  That has me a little worried. It is going to very hot on move in day, up to 95 degrees! I better wear some cool clothes.  We are staying the weekend and going to the first home game and our first game in the Big House on Saturday afternoon.  Won't be as hot, but could be raining! All in all, looking forward to a fun and busy weekend.

Matthew will begin his SENIOR year on Tuesday.   He did have to change a few classes, since the office messed up his schedule. He was assigned to consumer's finance and music theory.  Last week, he went into the office and now has accounting and woodworking.  His other classes are: AP Literature, Village Green, CAD I, and Spanish II.  This fall's musical is Grease.  He is hoping to be the production stage manager. Otherwise he will be on the scenic crew. There is a new after school class, technical theatre class that he will want to be a part of.  Mary helped him apply to 3 universities this week. Oklahoma, Western Michigan and Central Michigan.  Wow!

Sarah has begun her last year at Hope College. It is almost unbelieveable that she is almost done with college.  Her classes sound very challenging.   Research Methods, Senior A.T. Administration, Senior A.T. Practicum, Social Psychology, Intro to World Politics and Badminton.  She is covering Mens' Soccer and working in the Training Room at the DeVos Center.

I was back to work yesterday after a great week at Pandamania and time with my mom!  My little patient is doing well, and I will be back to regular hours next week.  Taking tomorrow off to for moving day!  I am also busy with organizing and promoting a new sunday school year.  I am optimistic and look forward to a fun year. Needless to say, I have plenty to keep my busy.   I haven't even planned a thing for chimes and orchestra.  That will have to be on next week's agenda. Today will be laundry, packing, paying a few bills and hopefully working on quicken.

Here's the latest on my  mom:  Back pain persisted yesterday and Leslie took her to her primary doctor who said she had a compression fracture of the vertebrae (L1).  Went to the ER and planned for a procedure to "fix" it.  When the ortho surgeon came by, he told her she didn't have a fracture, but probably a bulging disc. Needs pain meds and bed rest.  Continue to pray for healing.  I really hate to have her hurting so much..It sure was hard putting her on the plane home knowing she hurt so much, but I knew she wanted to be back with her stuff and in her own bed.  Glad to know my brothers are close for things she needs.

Better get to work!

Gracie

PS:  Remembering my dad, he would have been 91 yesterday. Happy Birthday to Greg Wilhelm who celebrated his birthday yesterday!  Soon we will all gather for  Lori's wedding!


No comments: