Monday, September 26, 2011

What a Weekend!

I had a very busy day at work, but all in all a good one too.  When I got home, Matthew was asleep.  He works hard and has long hours, sometimes by his own choosing.  Jeff was still at work and I decided it was time to relax. 

The Michigan Men's Glee Club was invited to sing the National Anthem at the Tiger's Game Friday night, so I tuned in early and hope that they would cover the event.  I was wrong, I guess they think that most people want to listen to people talking.  Mary texted me after they were done singing, and to my disappointment, never heard them sing.  I was watching a commercial! Boo Hiss!  Mary said she recorded it, but I haven't seen it yet. We had planned to go to the GHS football game, but decided to go our for pizza with Matt before he left for the Village Green Retreat weekend.

Saturday morning came early, and Matthew was off for a weekend of learning choreography.  He was looking forward to the weekend.  Jeff signed up to ride in a 30 mile bike race, so I drove him over to the starting location and took a video of the start.  Be sure to scroll down below this entry and watch it!

I bought a ticket for the "A Grand Night for Singing" concert at the University of Michigan. So I spent the morning getting some things done for church and sunday school in between checking in on the race. I was on my way by 1:30 pm, and listened to the umich football game most of the way. We won and remain undefeated! I was in Ann Arbor by 4 pm and Mary, Brandon and I enjoyed a delicious sandwich at Potbelly's. Nice to try a new place!  I took a little nap in Mary's room when she left for her call time.  Both Mary and Brandon were singing the concert as part of the Glee Clubs. I found my way to Hill Auditorium and took my seat.   The concert was very good and I was so glad that I went.  The Glee Clubs did a great job, especially since they had only met 4 times since the beginning of school before the concert.  Awesome!   Besides the Glee Clubs, there were solos, opera, music theatre, mixed choir, chamber choir and the Orpheus Singers that sang with a String Chamber Ensemble with Harpsicord.  The finale was fabulous, with the professors singing along with the students.  It was a wonderful night!  I got home late, around 1 am without incident.  The concert and time spent with my wolverines was well worth the trip!

Sunday School and Church went very well.  It was preschool Sunday and the music was good, children's church was a success and Jeff had a really really good sermon.  Jeff and I had lunch together and then pre-bowled after a short afternoon nap, since we had a church meeting in the evening.  We bowled well, both averages went up again.  I bowled over average all three game and now have an average of 125! Jeff had a 200 game today!   We found out later that we won three points and are tied for first place! Yay!

Matthew arrive home tired and with a little cold.  He said it was a good weekend, and that the dances are good.  Guess his feet hurt too.   We all watched a movie to end our Sunday evening and all of us are ready for sleep. The guys have already gone to bed.

Tomorrow will be a fun day too.  My little buddy will be coming later in the morning, but in time to go to Holland with us to celebrate Sarah's birthday.. We will have lunch and deliver her presents.  I will be so nice to see her.  I miss my kids when they aren't home.  What will I do as an empty nester??  It is just a year away.

Well, I am very tired.. I am off to bed.

Gracie

No comments: