Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Week in Review

Well, life and it's activities have kept me so busy that my ability to blog regularly has been challenged. I hope that this will change over the next month or so.  I miss blogging!

For now, I will post the highlights of the past week:

Friday: Had another successful day at work and then supported the Lion's Club Spaghetti dinner in town.  Matthew had McDonald's instead..he doesn't like spaghetti too much.  Matthew also received acceptance to Western Michigan University. Hooray!  The three of us drove to Holland and enjoyed a Hope Men's Soccer game. The weather was beautiful and the Flying Dutchman won!  Didn't have much time with Sarah, but we knew that she was working.  We got home to watch the Tigers clinch the Central Division of the American League.  SO EXCITED! 


Saturday: Matthew had a car wash for Village Green!   All three cars at home got cleaned!  I got some errands done and came home to watch Michigan Football.  But when I checked the mail, there was a beautiful mailing from University of Oklahoma!  I dropped everything and drove back to the car wash so Matthew could open it. He gave us all the thumbs up!  Matthew has been accepted to OU! We are all very happy! His friends at the car wash were giving high five's and even a chest bump!  Now the work toward admission into the theatre program  begins. Ok, now back to football.  Michigan and Florida won, as did Oklahoma, but not without a lot of nail biting.  Florida State (BOOOO!) really gave OU a challenge. We don't need anymore games like that one.

Sunday: Good Sunday School and Church Service.  Our Sunday School Attendance went up and I think things are going well enough so that the kids and adults should want to return.  Bowling started up Sunday night and although my first two games weren't very good, my last was awesome! Bowled a 178, all marks for the first five frames and good counts the last five.   My average jumped up 10!

Monday: Started having my little buddy back.  He is so cute and would love to play with my ipod and phone rather than his trucks.    Had to fight off a migraine before junior choir and chime team.  I am playing for kids choir and I am happy to say that Chimes is all planned for the next year! Just found out that there will be another "Bell Concert' with all the area church's bell/chime teams.

Tuesday: Book work day.  More typing and organizing for activities at church.  Even made some posters!  It  doesn't seem like a lot, but time keeps passing by and I don't get to everything I want to, like Quicken. I am going to be sorry!  Our pipe situation continues.  Upstairs bathroom drains area so slow, so we got a team of a contractor and plumber to take a look.  Can you say remodel? The floor will have to come up and new pipes put in for the sink, toilet and shower.  We will need a new floor, maybe a heated one(?), vanity and toilet. Yellow tile will stay on the walls.  It is in good condition.  Jeff has also given me the ok to investigate getting the dining room redone.  I hate the wall paper and who ever painted the nice hardwood molding and doors should get a lesson in decorating.  I want the wood stripped and refurbished.  Just getting a quote. Wonder what the price will be??? I am a little worried.


Wednesday: Working, singing and trying to stay ahead of the game.


Thursday: The list I made last night, has a huge dent in it!  Still have things to do before Sunday, but hey I have a few days left to accomplish it. Yeah right. Laundry will be done tonight!  I even made supper twice this week!

What is ahead??
  • Sarah's Birthday!
  • Watch the Tiger's game tomorrow night. The University of Michigan Men's Glee Club will be singing the National Anthem!  Once the game is on it's way, I may walk over to the GHS football game.  We are playing a tough team from Grand Rapids, so I think I know what the outcome will be. 
  • Jeff is going to ride in a bike ride on Saturday.  I hope that he has fun and that he doesn't get hurt.  
  • I am planning on heading to Ann Arbor for the concert "A Grand Night for Singing"  Mary and Brandon will be singing.  Mary needs some boots, shoes and coats.  
  • Matthew will be in Holland with Village Green, learning the choreography for their Fall Show.  He is looking forward to it.
Life is busy...I just take it one step at a time!

Grace

No comments: