Thursday, April 10, 2008

April 10, 2008 Still Trying to Catch Up

Well, it is Thursday and I am working on getting pictures posted. Please be patient. Right! That is Luftansa and British Airways tells us. Truth is I want my luggage! The latest news is that we are now filling out itemized reports of the contents of our bags. This makes it sound like we will never see them again. They want description and prices etc.. I spent time at Wal Mart and other stores to obtain prices of items that would need replacing. Jeff called this afternoon and they still don't know where they are. He asked if they have been in touch with British Airways and they said I don't see anything about British Airways. Wow! What in the world are we going to have to do to get them to look for out stuff in the right place and get it back. What a headache.

Today was my third anniversary of caring for my little patient Hailey. She has done so well over the years and has become very very special to me. I love it when she holds her arms out for me or crawls up to me and gives me a hug and pats me on the back.

As for the kids, they have kept us running. Sarah had her first 3 softball games this week. They lost all three. Sarah and another girl went on vacations with their families and were not allowed to play in any of the games. As of yesterday, Sarah reported that their "sentence was over". Nice to be punished for spending time with family over spring break. I went to the double header on Tuesday anyway and just about froze. The weather is still cold and we could have a little snow this weekend. Sarah has applied to ump rec softball and sent in a few scholarships and other college papers along with homework. Mary had driving all week and is trying out for the high school show choir even as I write this post. She is also involved with cello and making the creatures for the next play "The Hobbit". Matthew is back with Jazz Band, Hobbit practice and looks forward to Skills day for the summer baseball league. Looking ahead, besides the baseball deal, Sarah is scoring for a basketball event, and wants to look for a prom dress. I have one day of work left this week either tomorrow or Saturday night. Had to cancel orchestra, everyone is busy. Sunday the kids choir sings and I have a church softball meeting afterward. I am in charge. I can't wait to make a line up (Sarah is going to help me).

I guess that about does it, need to get going and pick up Matt from school. It won't be long and the pictures will be up to see!

<>< Grace