Monday, April 14, 2008

April 14th, 2008 Weekend in Review!

Well, it is Monday evening and I have a little time to catch everyone up with the latest.

Saturday Sarah worked at the basketball tournament while Matthew tried out for baseball. Matt played well, and as of today was placed on a team. His newCoach is Mr. Groom. That is good, because we wanted a different coach than last year and there are only 2 coaches for his age group. This guy remembers Matt from a few years ago. We are hoping for a better season. On the way home from baseball, the van was making bad clunking sounds. Jeff met me over at the car repair place and there was a bad ball joint. No driving until fixed. Duh!!

That afternoon Sarah and I went prom dress shopping and found a very nice dress on sale at a store called Younkers. It is turquoise with a long brown tie flowing down the back and the back of the dress has a little train like effect. She also got some brown wedge sandals to wear with it. Of course you will see pictures. Prom is April 26th---keep watch that night!

Mary went to work with me that night and cared for Hailey's brothers. Hailey is feeling better and is a cute as ever! We were home by 12:45am.

Sunday was our 23rd Anniversary and we had a nice day. Church went well, and the children's choir sang I am Jesus Little Lamb, my favorite. How do you think I came up with my email address? We all went out for Sunday dinner at Cory's Restaurant and I really liked my burger (another favorite) and we enjoyed some good homemade desserts there. They gave us a little cake to take home too! We will eat some tonight. Sunday wrapped up with bowling where I had a really good night- 115, 136 and 150! Yea! Jeff wasn't as happy with his scores, but we eneded up splitting the games 2 & 2. It was position night and we don't expect to move up much. We did have fun though, I did.

Matt went to Jazz Lab II this morning and had Hobbit practice this afternoon. He is working on a project for school now. Mary was painting the dragon for the Hobbit this afternoon when she backed into the green paint. It splattered on her new jeans and keds tennis shoes. We soaked the jeans and tried to get the paint out and now they are in the washer. I hope we can get the majority of it out. Any ideas for getting latex paint out of clothes? She had driving lessons tonight, came home and is already in bed. She is excited about going to a play type show with puppets this Friday with her friend in Lansing. Pray for fun times and safe travel. Sarah had a double header today and although they lost both games she played well. She played center field and DH! She got a double and a single! Now she is home doing homework. Her show choir leaves for a class trip to Boston at the end of the month. They are going to perform twice while on the road. After Boston they will return home via NYC and Niagra Falls. Sarah is officially a Hope College student for the fall, and she has been working on many scholarship applications. Still waiting to hear about any "rewards".

I had a dentist appt this morning and am pleased to say I have no cavities or other problems. I won't have to worry about a dentist for 6 more months. We picked up the fixed van this afternoon, had lunch and then I went shopping for groceries before all the afternoon events started. Jeff got new running shoes (his others are lost in Europe with our luggage) today and we had such nice weather he went to try them out. After snow flurries yesterday morning a day with clear blue sky and 60 was heaven! My children's choir rehearsal went well and we have 2 more sundays to sing and then it will be summer! Time is flying by. I really need to get started on Sarah's graduation celebration and Mary's Sweet 16th Birthday! I'd rather do that than have the taxes to complete by tomorrow that is on Jeff's plate right now..He has worked hard on the luggage fiasco, and has AF class to do as well as all the church work.

Church Softball season is starting a week earlier than I planned and now I will have to contact all my players. I guess putting in the bulletin would be a good idea too! The rest of the week is more of the same. Softball every afternoon and a tournament on Saturday. Play practice for Matt and Creature Crew (making the creatures for the play) for Mary, she has driving on Tuesday and Wednesday. I work tomorrow, Thursday and Friday. We hope to go to a community play, "Dearly Departed" on Friday night. One of our church members is in the play. Small Group Bible Study is at our house Saturday night.

Well, I guess that does it. I need to be at work at 5:15 am so I had better get some sleep pretty soon!

Until Next time,

Grace