Friday, April 11, 2008

April 11, 2008 A Pretty Good Day

It is the end of another day. We had some bad weather early in the afternoon. There were tornado watches, and thunderstorm warnings. We never had any severe weather though. The schools decided to cancel all the aftenoon and evening activities. So there was no play practice, softball practice and no Village Green Dance auditions for Mary. I guess she will have to dance on Monday.

Jeff and I worked on filling out the latest claim forms for our lost baggage. I went to another store to price things and got 4 suitcases inventoried. I have to keep the faith that we will see our things again, and if not, be thankful that they are just things and we are home safe and sound unlike many passengers of American Airlines.

Mary drove on the freeway for the first time and she did fine. I was a little worried since there was still a small threat of rain and storms. Luckily, I have a weatherman at home and he reassured me that the storms had passed. He was right!

Jeff and I attended a wonderful concert by our local Flat River Band (Jazz) and the High School Jazz Band together. Mary got there after driving and got to hear the last 20 minutes or so. Some of the songs they played were: In the Mood, Summertime, Chattanooga Choo Choo, a Count Basie Song plus more! Wow, I wished had lasted a little longer, but I am sure the musicians were tired and hot from the lights.

Tomorrow will be another busy day. Sarah is keeping score for a basketball tournament from 8am - 1pm then we are going to look for a prom dress. Matt has Show your skills in Baseball tomorrow morning at 9:15am. I work at 6pm- 12mn. Somewhere in there I need to get ready for Sunday School opening, Kid's choir reminder and softball meeting notes ready for after church. Of course tomorrow night is position night at our bowling league. I hope that we can move up a little more.

That is it, and enough I'd say! Sorry no pictures to post this time. Have a great weekend!

Grace