Thursday, September 11, 2008

Check Your Engines!

Our check engine light in our van has been on lately more than off. Just last week we had it in for repair, just a hose! Yay! Tuesday morning the light goes on again..this time it is more costly. Whew that should do it! This morning after dropping the kids off for school the light comes on again! Yikes!!! We are taking it in after lunch, and see how much damage there is this time. We should have regular appointments made for this crazy van.

Mary's auditions earned her a place in the call backs this afternoon. She really wants a lead role. I told her do your best and sing with diction. That is pretty hard when you are just auditioning. Mary has lots of established respect in the GHS theater program. She should find out tonight if they offer her one of the 2 lead female roles.

Matthew has another soccer game tonight. It is a home game. I hope to remember to bring a camera this time. I need a picture of him in his uniform. Be on the lookout for one. Speaking of pictures, the kids just had school pictures yesterday and today. I will be anxious to see how they turn out. Sarah is fine at school, but very busy! Keep up the good work sweetie! She has been ordering some AT clothes and rain gear and I finally got her some needed softball equipment. As soon as they arrive in the mail I can send them, some more goodies and birthday presents.

My job is good. I am supposed to go quilt today. We are having a potluck lunch, so I have brownies in the oven. Choirs have started and I am struggling with choosing kids music and have to rework the chime team. Orchestra is tonight. We will see how many come. Jeff continues to keep up with all his responsibilities. We are looking forward to our week together on Mackinac Island with other pastors and their wives. By the way, my golf game improved a little this week. My friend and I plan to continue to golf as long as the weather allows. We will see how my game is by Halloween.

Better run. Have a nice Thursday..I was born on a Thursday and you know what they say? Thursday's child has far to go! Do I ever!

Gloria's Thursday Girl

Just an interesting fact...Our heat turned on last night. The nights are getting cold.