Saturday, September 6, 2008

It's Been A Few Days

The first week of school is complete and it was a good one. Mary had to change a class the second day of school due to conflict. So she dropped her math class to stay in orchestra and will take PreCalculus next year as a senior. Instead, she will have two english classes, AP Literature and AP Language. English is her forte, so I don't think it will be too much for her. She continues to lean toward education, either in Music or English at the secondary level. She plans to major in one and minor in the other. An English major is probably more marketable, but she really has a gift and passion for music. Matthew has had a good week. He likes high school and continues to play soccer. They lost both games this week. Jeff and I worked in the concession stand during the varsity game and business was pretty slow. I am scheduled to work in the band boosters concession this coming week at the football game. It is good to get those requirements done early.

My golf game was about as expected. Some good holes and some bad. I even picked up my ball on one hole, because I just couldn't hit it. My friend Norma and I had a nice time and had lunch together. We plan on golfing again soon. I worked 16 hours in the last 2 days. My little client's mom had a baby boy yesterday and I worked nights while mom stayed in the hospital. Mom and baby are doing well. I spent my other days soing laundry, planning rally day and music for the fall, and surfing the net for some needed clothes items for Sarah. I finally placed the order tonight. The Athletic Training program is ordering "hope" clothes for the year. Things like AT (athletic training) polos, t-shirts, jackets, sweatshirts and now rain gear. She will be making her final decisions this weekend. I have also been doing some crafting. I made some post it note covers with hope colors and sent them in Sarah's care package for her and her friends. Aren't they nice? I sent along a book, snacks and sliders for softball. She was happy to receive the box today, just 24 hours after I sent it. I guess there is a football game tomorrow and she is off duty. She plans to go and watch as a fan!

Jeff finished up the painting job by our front door. It was peeling and cracking. It looks really nice now. He has been keep up with the hurricane situations and keeps me informed of any daily weather concerns here too. We have a few weeks of exciting worship ahead. Rally Day is this Sunday and yours truly is the "organist". I will play the clavinova. Teachers are installed and we have a mexican lunch with small group information and games and activities. The following week is our "contemporary music" week with our new praise team. I will be singing instead of playing. That is a nice change for me. The week of the 15th is a retreat for pastors and their wife in Mackinac. We are looking forward to attending. Still need to iron out arrangements for the teens at home.

Mary auditions for the high school musical Guys and Dolls this week. She really wants the lead, but is concerned with a few seniors that are auditioning as well. Lots of times seniors get picked for those roles. We'll see what happens.

I guess that is all the news. Have a great weekend. Gotta get some sleep. I go to get my haircut revised in the morning. Too much hair hanging on the neck.



Grace

PS The picture to the side is the "new and improved" style