Monday, September 1, 2008

Last Day Before School Starts :(

Happy Labor Day! It is a nice sunny day with a nice breeze. I can't believe that another year of school starts tomorrow. Mary is a junior and Matt a freshman in high school. I'm starting to feel "old". More and more I remember my mom telling me when my three small children were pushing evey one of my buttons that "these are the best years of my life". Looking back on those years, I just smile. I don't remember the weariness I felt back then. I am not complaining though. I was really worried about the teen years, but teens are pretty cool people. I am enjoying each stage of their lives. Middle school was the least favorite.



Today started off with Matthew marching in the Belding, MI labor day parade. It was quite nice and the band sounded great. The kids were sweating pretty bad marching in the sun. I was quite comfy under a tree in the shade. My friend Jackie set some chairs up for us and her mom at 5am. We had a delightful time and then ate lunch at our favorites, Cory's restaurant which is right along the parade route. Our bowling partners met us there and again we had a nice time.



Now we are home and eventhough it is quite warm, our brick house is quite cool. Jeff is going to put up a ceiling fan in our bedroom and I think he had another job to do. I am going to try an fix up the ceiling in Matt's room after some brown wall paint found it's way up there. Matthew has soccer practice and Mary is napping after waking up early to prepare to wake up earlier tomorrow. Later she plans on making some cookies and going sunsetting.


Yesterday we went to Camp Concordia in the late afternoon. Did some swimming and rode on our friends pontoon. We ate a cookout meal together in between time. Jeff and Matt watched a movie while I was experimenting with my Stampin Up stuff. I made some cute things and am learning to use the paper cutter/scorer with less mistakes.

Sarah took her first quiz and aced it 10/10! Way to go! She is doing well at college and seems to be adjusting nicely. She had 2 classes this morning.

After the kids are off to school, my friend Norma and I are going golfing. It is ladies pay $7.50 with a cart if we play by 12noon. I hope that I don't lose too many balls.

That is the latest from Greenville,

Grace, a proud mom of three wonderful teenagers