Friday, September 12, 2008

Quick Update

Well the beautiful blue sky, perfect temperature of yesterday has turned into a cloudy, muggy and now rainy morning. I got the kids to school while it was just sprinkling thank goodness. I am supposed to work the concession stand at the football game tonight for the band boosters. I wonder if they will play if rains all day? We play a team that we never beat tonight so I though it would be a good night to volunteer my time.

Mary did not get a lead role in the play Guys and Dolls. She obviously was very disappointed, but can accept it more since her senior friends are playing those parts. Still she would like to have read for both leaed parts and they only had her read for one of the lead roles. Instead she is Agatha, a member of the mission band. Politics continue to play itself out in the high school extra curricular activities. Enough said. She begins after school practice today and is determined to be her best at whatever she does.

Matthew's team lost again yesterday. They keep playing and trying to improve their game. I hope that I can see another goal before the season is over. I am not a big soccer fan, so I can't really say anything about strategy and technique like Jeff can. I go to have fun and support Matt. Some parents really get out of hand. I don't sit near them anymore because they drive me crazy. Matthew got a cell phone yesterday. His schedule and pick up times are so different, we thought it was time for him to have a phone to call and keep us informed. Mom is glad that she can reach all of her kids, and husband, easily by phone now.

Orchestra had 3 people, just as I had expected. We decided that we could just become a brass ensemble, since that is our mainstay/core people. Maybe I can get Matt to play after soccer.??? I started back at quilting yesterday and began a new project. I am going to make a runner to lay on top of the clavinova. The plastic cover is such a pain because it covers the whole instrument. My runner will cover the keys and the control panel. I think it will be nice.

Our van is ok. There aren't any new real problems. Evidently the computer thinks there is a vacuum problem, but Ford assures "us" that it is perfectly fine. So we are going to eventually have the computer reprogrammed so the engine light doesn't go on for every little problem.

Well, I am off to work this morning. Should be a nice day. Hope yours is a great one!

Grace