Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Too Far Behind

As hard as I try to catch up on Christmas, I continue to fail. I wanted to have the gifts sent out today. They are still here at home. No cookies are baked yet, but we have plans to get that done over the next few days. Still have to wrap the kids presents. Maybe I will get that done in time for them to rip them open a few hours later! Hahahah! These things can frustrate the heck out of you and stress you out to the max. Then I think about the Whos in Whoville. They didn't care about anything but the meaning of Christmas. Stop Grace Stop. What is the most important thing about Christmas? For a while, I get back to reality and thank God for His only son, JESUS! I take a breath, say a prayer then keep plugging along at my list of things to do and accomplish.

Yesterday was very long. I got to work at 0500 and didn't leave until 1800! I was supposed to get out at 1700. I won't go into all the details, but I was again very frustrated that I am never out of work on time. Wait, wait, wait. This night leaving late made me a little late for childrens choir! Thank God for Children's Choir. They can alwasy cheer me up! They sing so nice and from their hearts. They are ready for Christmas Eve. Chimes did pretty well too. We play pre-service music, just two songs, Silent Night and Echo Carol. Orchestra will be playing too. We have a lot to play this year which is great because the ensemble likes it that way. We debut our newest song, "Breath of Heaven" It is sounding pretty good. We play on Sunday too. Lots of fun songs. Mary is supposed to play her cello with me, but we haven't practiced in a while. It is easy so I think we can pull it off.

Mary did have her senior pictures taken on Monday. Jeff and Sarah went with her for the shoot. Did lots of outside pictures in the snow even with Liam the cello! (Mary loves the snow). Everyone said that the shoot went well and are looking forward to seeing the proofs in a couple of weeks.

Sunday was a busy time. Church, lunch and then chapel for the long term care units in town. I played the carol and something just wasn't firing right. Lots of mistakes. Maybe it was because I was dog tired. Worked from 2000 until 0230, another shift where I had to stay late. I managed to get in a little nap before bowling, although it didn't help much. We had a fun time, and the scores didn't count. We collected our prize money and even tied for bowling bingo. We checked off sqaures for different bowling events like: If you bowl 3 strikes in a row, say "ho ho ho!" Norma bowled 5 in a row, so I said, "ho ho ho 5 in a row!" I was able to cross off our teams square for leaving the head pin at the end of a frame. None of us had to deal with the 7-10 split. There were several sqaures for that one. Sarah Mary Matthew and Matt's friend Mitch came along. Mary stayed with us as secretary for the bingo while the rest bowled a few games. Even Matt bowled 3 games and had no problems. Sarah had a couple great games, 151 and 168! She is better than her mother! That is fine with me though. I was very happy for her. Jeff had a nice game too. We didn't write the scores down, so I can't remember them.

Mary received a message from the community college that her spanish class this spring as a dual enrolled student was cancelled. She has written to UofM to notify them of the situation and is awaiting a reply. She wanted to have a year of College Spanish as that would count for 2 years of HS Spanish. Speaking of Spanish, Sarah is awaiting her spanish grade from this semester. This is very frustrating for her, especially since the rest of her grades have been posted. She received all A's and B's. We are very proud.

Today we went to Grand Rapids to shop, wrapped presents, started the laundry and then we made Chicken Crescents for dinner. Brandon was here singing and stayed for dinner and we all enjoyed the movie "White Christmas"

So what is in store for tomorrow? I work 10a-4p. Want to get my Christmas Dinner grocery shopping done, bake cookies, transpose music, wrap presents and send the gifts. Still need to find something for Mary. She was hard this year. THings are getting done, just not at the pace I'd like.

It is really late, so I am off to bed. We received boxes from Leesburg and Rockledge today and now we have some nicely wrapped gift to look beautiful under the tree. Thanks to all !

Grace