Friday, December 4, 2009

Winter Is Here

As you can see from the new picture, winter has arrived in Greenville, MI. I am pretty impressed that our new camera even caught the snowflakes falling! I took that picture after the Winter Parade down mainstreet, just blocks away from our house. Mary was riding on the Danish Queen float. The pictures from the parade didn't turn out so well.

Yesterday started out really well. I got to sleep in and then bought some balloons for two of our quilters that had a birthday. They were happy with their surprise. I finished my moose quilt top and have the batting and the backing to work with Audrey to finish it up next week. Mary came home with some sad news. The One Act play for this year has been cancelled and laid to rest. No funding. Another blow to Mary's senior year expectations. I guess the spring play is a "sure" thing. They may include another play this winter instead of the one act. With the one act there is travel and other expenses that was just too expensive. Mary's teacher came up with a great idea today and suggested a student led play! Mary likes that idea.

Back to yesterday, we had pizza dinner and then a good orchestra practice. However, by 9 pm I wasn't feeling too well and figured I was going to be a victim of the flu bug. My clients family all had it.. so it was just a matter of time. Needless to say I was up most of the night doing what stomach flu patients do. Finally got to rest around 4 am.

This morning was a white one. Mary was thrilled that the snow had finally arrived. The first snow is really beautiful. I rested on the couch and slept and then watched it snow. I finally got enough strength to have a little to eat and work at the computer. Jeff went to work with his Air Force uniform as he participated in a send off to our local troops #1073rd. They will be leaving for Iraq very soon. This will be their second tour of duty there. Mary and Matthew sang the Star Spangled Banner with the Village Green for thier send off at the high school auditorium. Then tonight was the winter parade. The troops, the band, elementary kids walked and of course my beautiful Mary rode on the Queen's float.


The Danish court will be at Meijer Gardens at the Danish Christmas Tree. Here is there website. I am looking forward to seeing Meijer Gardnes for the first time. (http://www.meijergardens.org/calendar/event.php?id=932) . We hope to do some shopping in Grand Rapids before Mary has a pancake dinner with Santa in nearby Lowell and then ride in the parade as well at 6 pm. Matthew has been invited to a birthday party tomorrow night as well. I need to prepare for Sunday School and practice the piano. Laundry is piling up pretty high too!

For now, I should sign off and get some more rest.

Feeling better,

Grace

More pictures on the Photo Album