Friday, October 1, 2010

Another Milestone!

Today I watched my little boy drive away in the "new" gold car to school for the first time.  I did better than I thought I would.  He was so happy! Needs to get a permit for parking at school. He also went to the drive thru bank.  Tonight he is at his buddy's house for dinner, video games and fun.  I drove him and it was a good thing, as the house was very easy to miss. I think they will have a really nice time.  There is no school tomorrow, so I won't have to pick him up until around 11 am.  He works crew, building the set from 1-4 pm, then we have to go shopping for his trip to Geneva for the choreography weekend with Village Green.

We hope to go to Zeeland HS West's football game tomorrow night.  Sarah is the Athletic Training student, so it would be nice to see her at work.  She would be glad to switch out cars and suggested a dessert date with the family after the game. That sounds great! I have one more load of laundry to do tomorrow along with the computer work I have been putting off for the past month (or more!). Working on some job applications and have a new strategy.  I am going to take several labor and delivery CEU courses. Maybe that wlll help in getting in  an Obstetrics job.  I am also considering taking a fetal monitoring class to show that I am dedicated  about learning another specialty in maternal child nursing.   We will see if it works.  The cover letters are going to kill me.  Need to try something different.  Jeff thinks I should keep it shorter and more concise.   There are things that I would like to explain, (ie: had lots of jobs related to moving 10 times).

Saturday Matthew leaves for his trip and I will work for a few hours. Think I am leaning toward working after dinner because I would like to watch a game with Jeff.  The Sooners play at 3:30pm and Gators at 8 pm.   Michigan plays on ESPNU, so I won't be able to watch that one anyway.  Need to prepare for Sunday School too. I really like my class of upper elementary kids.

Guess that is all for now...Have a great weekend!

Gracie~ GO GATORS-SOONERS AND WOLVERINES!  LET'S GET ANOTHER WIN!

1 comment:

Dakotapam said...

I would have loved to have you as my Labor and Delivery nurse! Moving sure can wreak havoc on a resume! So much for a nursing shortage eh?