Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Nice Visit

There was no school yesterday.  How nice! First I picked up Matthew from his friend's house then went to get the Kia washed and cleaned before we took it to Sarah in Holland. Matthew went to work on the set at the high school and was very encouraged at the progress so far. I had a doctor's appointment which concluded with orders for some fasting labs.  Matthew and I went shopping later in the afternoon for groceries and secret gifts for the Village Green trip.  What a busy day and it wasn't over yet!
 

Jeff came home from work and we got ready and headed for Holland in the Kia for Sarah. We will bring home the van.  Matthew was pretty sad about the whole idea as he had become quite attached to the car.  Instead of going to Hope's Campus, we went to Zeeland West High School football game.  Watched Sarah work at the game and met her supervisor who had only good things to say about her. No injuries while we were there. After the game we went out for pizza together and then did the big switch at campus security. Jeff scraped the old sticker off the van and Sarah put the new sticker on the car.  Matthew drove the van and said he liked driving the van, so he is feeling better about the whole situation. All in all, it was a nice visit.  Jeff drove home since it was getting pretty late and Matthew was tired and needed to get up early for the Village Green retreat this weekend.


Unfortunately, we didn't get up early enough.  I thought the paper said 0715, but it was really 0615!  I woke Matthew up thinking we had lots of time, when really we had none!  He got ready really fast and I drove him there in my pajamas and a sweatshirt.  No one was angry, just glad he made it!   Thank goodness.  I should know better, choir trips always start crazy early!  Hope he is having a great time and learning the dances without any problems.

I worked for six hours today and had a nice time.  My little patient was so glad to see me! Gave me a big bear hug when she saw me!   Of course later she grabbed my glassed and my hair and thought it was hilarious!  I don't get mad, she doesn't know any better.  I love her very much.

Jeff and I had dinner at El Rancho and  are now watching football on many different channels.  Wished things looked better for the Gators.  Come on Gators get up and go! Have a start on my Sunday School  lesson about Absalom.  I don't have to tell how he died to my young class. That is probably a good thing!  That story leaves such a visual in my head from when I was a little girl.

Tomorrow is church,  playing for long term care chapels and then bowling.  Wonder if I can stay above 100?  Wish I could go to the FREE concert at Hill Auditorium tomorrow afternoon.  Both Glee Clubs and the choirs from the school of music will be performing at 4 pm.   It should be fantastic!  I look forward to hearing both choirs in November.  Matthew gets home tomorrow around 5 pm. He will be tired for sure.  Hope he doesn't have too much homework!

That is all.. Have a great SONday!  As long as we have the SON, everyday can be great!

Gracie!

PS  We are under a frost advisory! Brrrr!

No comments: