Monday, October 11, 2010

Another Week Begins!

The Weekend:
  • Enjoyed an overnight stay with Mary at the University of Michigan.  I experienced eating at the E. Quad cafeteria. The food was pretty good!  Mary and Brandon had a wonderful time at the concert. I had quiet time, watched TV and the news.  Lots of coverage of the MSU/UM game.  Lots of Spartans in town by Friday afternoon and lots of activity into the night.  Many students camp out on couches in the "Diag" to protect the Michigan 'M' from Spartans wanting to steal it.  Evidently it has been done before. I also found out that a parachuter would deliver the game ball by dropping into the stadium! Mary and I had a nice lunch together before I left around 1330. I got home just after the football game started.  Needless to say by now, the Wolverines lost terribly! I don't know what was wrong with them...So the Spartans won and life goes on. Mary did get a video of the the parachuter and has posted it on my blog!  Take a look at the links column and click on the video from Mary! (If you click on the video once it starts playing, it will take you to youtube and you can see the video with a larger picture.)
  • Saturday night Jeff and I attended "Spectrum of Stars".  It was a fun evening of talent, some good and some not so good.  Matthew worked as part of the crew, working backstage and raising and lowering the  backgrounds and screens with the flies.  He also sang as part of Village Green. The event was a money raiser for the Greenville Hospital, and I would say there was nearly  a full house!
  • Church and Sunday School went very well. My lesson about Solomon went better that I anticipated, kids choir debuted today for their next season with "Yes!", and I played for church and received several compliments.
  • Jeff left around 3pm for the Michigan Pastor's conference in Traverse City. I opted not to go, preferring to stay home with Matthew and work a couple shifts with my patient. I don't know why the pastor's conference has to start on Sunday afternoon, when we finally have a chance to do something together as a family.  
  • Bowling went pretty well. We lost the first game and then won the 2 and 3rd games and total points.  I  bowled over 100 each game which is always my minimal goal. Jeff's blind score (10 less than his average) 162 wasn't bad. Norma and Randy had stellar 3rd games: Norma 200 and Randy a 221! Woohoo! 
  • Football Frenzy results: Jeff remains in the lead with Leslie close behind.  Dan, Matt and Mary are safe in the middle. Eric, Grandma and Grace are bringing up the rear. Oh well, I am having fun!
What is ahead this week?
  • Work: I am working Monday,Wednesday and Friday.  Matthew works everyday after school on the set.  Jeff will be at the conference until Tuesday evening.  We will have plenty to do when he gets home, since he will be away at military duty next week. 
  • I have an eye doctor appointment.  I can tell my glasses just don't work like they used too.  I wonder how much they have changed. 
  • Orchestra meets on Thursday, so I had better remember what the plan is for the next time we play. Kids Choir and Chimes meet tomorrow night and choir on Wednesday. 
  • Sarah will be coming home late Friday or early Saturday for a long weekend.
  • We hope to be heading back to University of Michigan for the Iowa/Michigan game.   I have never been to the Big House and think it would be pretty fun.  I would especially like to see the Marching Band! Let's hope that they win! Then we will bring the Wolverines home to spend a long weekend as well.  It will be nice to have them all back for a few days.
Guess that will keep me busy...especially since there is the usual work..laundry, cooking and keeping up with my list!  Matthew was a big help this afternoon.  He raked the leaves, mowed the lawn, trimmed some overgrown bushes and vacuumed the house. Whew!  He is such a wonderful son!

I better get some sleep since I need to work tomorrow.

Night!

Gracie

No comments: