Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Catching Up On Fun Times...

We have been having lots of fun the past few days.  Let me fill you in!

Thursday: Mary and Matthew built an ottoman for her dorm room this fall. It is very nice with a cushioned top that opens for storage inside!

Friday:  Had a nice day at work then our regular pizza night at Mancino's.  Came home and Jeff and Matthew got the air conditioner in the window in our room upstairs. We are using a different window this year thinking it will be better to cool off more of the second floor. I am thankful that Jeff got it in before he and Matthew left for Mackinac Island, but we haven't had to turn it on yet. I am thankful for temps in the 70s. Mary got  Sarah's room ready for Grandma and Grandpa's arrival while I was at work.

Happy Birthday to Brandon!  Mary had dinner with his family and ate Indian food for the first time. She said it was good even though it was pretty spicy!

Saturday: Did some errands in the morning and shopping in the afternoon. Grandma and Grandpa (aka Mom and Dad) arrived safely in the mid-afternoon. Good to have them here. Decided to grill out for dinner and Jeff initiated the new grill with Burger and Dogs.  They were delicious!  Glad the new grill is working now! Had some good watermelon and then ice cream for dessert. Matthew and Mary planted their flower garden.  Had to make a second trip to the store since the shorts I bought for Matthew didn't fit right and he needed them for the trip. We were able to find some that fit and Mary helped him get packed up for the Youth Gathering on Mackinac Island. I was busy practicing the piano for church and then finally worked into the wee hours on Quicken.  Once I get on a roll, I can't stop!  Glad to a big chunk of that done!


Sunday: Had a nice church service, although it was pretty emotional for me too.  Prayed for a family of a Hope College Graduate that was a soccer player that was killed by a drunk driver.  Sarah knew him and wrapped his ankle a few times. Sure hits home. Then a send off and blessings to Matt's best friend who will be shipping out to boot camp next week.  By then I couldn't hold back the tears and played the last hymn with somewhat blurry vision. Sent Jeff and Matt off to the Gathering and then made plans for our Sunday.
  1. Lunch at home, small nap and then planted my tomato plants.
  2. Drove to Grand Rapids to see "Midnight in Paris". An interesting Woody Allen movie. I like it!
  3. Dinner with Sarah in Holland at our favorite Mexican Restaurant. Showed Grandma and Grandpa Sarah's new place!
Monday: Jack day!  Had fun caring for my little buddy most of the day. He is a real cutie. Since it was a rainy day, we were waiting to see if we would get to play church softball. The rain stopped and the sun came out.  I had enough people for a whole ten man team, although we had more women than men playing last night, including one of Sarah's friends from Holland. The other team had to forfeit since only 8 players showed up.  We played  anyway and had a fun time trying to keep up with the other teams big bats! In the end we were outscored by 5 runs, but still  took the win. Playing the whole game was exhausting for me, especially since almost all the hits were to the outfield.  So in the fourth inning, I played 3rd base and sent another faster runner to attempt catching the long fly balls.  Got one nice hit and made it second on an overthrow. Sarah was really on her game. She did some great pitching and was on base most at bats and ran for me the one time I made it on base! Everyone pitched in on coaching and umping. I umped behind the plate and really kind of liked it! Now I can be more confident should I need to ump again!

That brings us to Tuesday, Today! TV in the morning. Made Sarah another Doctor appointment at the orthopedic office, to see if they can help her with her joint pain. Rheumatologist appointment isn't until August and I hate to have her hurting so long.  We will be going to lunch with my golf buddies at the Winter Inn and then who knows?  It is a nice day, so maybe we will drive around a little or walk through the tunnel.

Hope to do some bowling tomorrow after I get home from a shortened day of work. Jeff and Matthew get home tomorrow. Yay!

Have a great day!

Gracie

No comments: