Friday, June 17, 2011

This Week's Update

Think I had better update you before the weekend...It is going to a busy one!

Sunday: I played clavinova again this past sunday with the staff from Camp Concordia.  I thought it went really well.  Church service is early now, so we were home by noon or shortly thereafter.  I had a little nap before Jeff and I went to the long term care centers in Greenville for afternoon services.  Attendance was lower than normal, but still very nice.  We got home changed clothes and all four of us met Brandon at the local golf range.  I did  as expected and now have a better idea of how far I can hit the ball with each club.  Matthew has decided that he doesn't like golf too much. He got a few blisters. Mary struggled with her swing, so I switched her to left-handed golf clubs and she did a lot better!  Gave her a few pointers that Dad gave me years ago.  Jeff and Brandon did well and we enjoyed watching their golf balls sail through the air.  The plan when we got home was to cook out on the new grill.  However..the grill didn't operate properly.  It was a great disappointment for all.  We still cooked out, but on our old grill. Even had some more roasted marshmallows and smores. Jeff has contacted the grill company and they are sending some missing parts.  Wal-Mart put it together for the kids and we thought it was ready to go! Guess the WM guy did too!

Monday: I used most of the day getting chores done, including taking in the Softball Team shirts that were turned in because of the screening washing off.  Plus I had to get my lineup put together for the game. Mary and Brandon went golfing together and had a nice time. Brandon had his best score ever!  Our softball game was great. We had great bats, gloves,base running and strategy! Three spectacular catches in Right Center and Right Field. I made a play behind home plate, catching a foul ball!  Matthew had a great hit and I hit the ball pretty nice too, but couldn't get to first before the ball did. Jeff and Sarah had a great game as well. In the end, we won 13-9 and all of us enjoyed ice cream afterward.  Oddly enough, our family had dinner after ice cream!


Tuesday: Paid some bills and got some other things done before heading to Grand Rapids for Matthew's check-up.   It was a long appointment, first we had to find the new office which is on the 10th floor of the new  Children's Hospital. It is beautiful inside, but I must say the exam rooms get dull after waiting two hours.  The lab guy came and took Matt's blood and the nurse came and spent a few minute with us. Then it was the long wait for the doctor.  I tried to be patient and told Matt that we should be very thankful that he just needs lab work and an exam every six months instead of enduring chemo and other treatments the other kids there experience. We won't know the lab results for another week at least, but Matthew feels great and has no worrisome symptoms. Mary and I made a chicken crescent dinner that was delicious and then I was off to the Theatre Boosters meeting. This fall GHS will perform "Grease" the musical and then "Little Women" in 2012.   Unfortunately, there will be NO more One Acts for Greenville High School (budget cuts).  That is very sad, since the kids really love Competitive Theatre.  Mary and Matthew preferred that genre over any other.

Wednesday: All of the Wilhelm's were working!  Matthew is back at MCLC Childcare and went bowling with the kids. I had a good day with my patient. We had dinner with our friends Randy and Norma at Mancinos Pizza before they left for New York where Norma will be bowling with Marlene at Women's National Tournament.  Hope they do well!

Thursday:  I did manage to start the laundry and worked on Vacation Bible School before I drove Mary to a doctor's appointment and the mall to return a pair of jeans.  I also called several doctors for Sarah who has been having lots of pain in many of her joints. Hoped to get in with her Rheumatologist, but since it has been so long since her last visit, we have to start all over. So she will she our primary care doctor next week. Sarah is keeping busy with her jobs and is preparing to take the GRE next month.

Coming Up!

  • Work for everyone on Friday.
  • I am in a wedding this weekend.  Helping my patient walk down the aisle at her mommy's wedding! Rehearsal Friday and Wedding Saturday.  It is exciting! So happy for them.
  • Supposed to attend an open house, it will need to be a quick visit.
  • Work on the ever growing "to do" list.
  • Work three days next week! 
For now, I had better fold the last load of the evening...I am sure the dryer is done by now.

Good Night!

Gracie

No comments: