Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hot Hot Weather!

The past few days have been unseasonably hot for early June in Michigan.  Worst part is that we don't have our A/C in our windows yet.  The ceiling fans are going full blast, windows open at night and closed by day, helps our brick house stay tolerably warm, most of the time.  I took a shower this morning before work and seemed to sweat afterward while I got dressed.  At night, no blankets are needed and I am glad that my hair is long enough to pull up a little during the heat of the day.  The good news is that we are expecting cooler weather the next few days although it will remain humid with rain.  I welcome the 70 degree weather with a BIG smile!


Matthew has only one morning left of school.  Took two exams, Music and Chemistry, today and will take Economics and English tomorrow.   He will be so happy to see the end of the year!  He has been waiting for summer for months!  Mary continues to work extra hours at McDonalds. They often call to come in early or ask her to stay late.  Being a good employee, she helps out whenever she can.  It helps her paycheck too! Sarah is working hard in Holland too.  She said she has more hours this month.  $$$!  Way to go girls, earning money.  Matthew has worked lined up too.  He continues to work shows at the High School auditorium as a techie.  This week's show is a dance recital from a local dance school.   He will also being working at the childcare center at our church a few days each week.  His least favorite is cutting our neighbors lawn.  It has a killer hill and a large portion of weeds to mow.  I continue to care for my little princess, my little buddy and play for church once a month.  Keeps me busy and pretty happy too. I like what I do!


Time to get this laptop off my lap...makes me hot!  Need to cool down!

Looking for cooler days ahead..

Gracie

PS: Sammy is trying to stay cool too. Glad I don't have that coat on! He lays in front of our box fans or in the doorway to the porch.

PS #2:  Looks like GHS Fall Musical will be "Grease"!  WOW!

PS #3  Jeff surprised me with red roses when he picked me up from work.  He said he got them for his girlfriend!  How cute!  They are just beautiful.  Hope they can survive this heat.

No comments: